Contribute
Register

Gigabyte 1156 BIOSes 2010-06 - Extract DSDTs [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gigabyte 1156 BIOSes 2010-06 - Extract DSDTs for Database

DSDT for GA-P55-USB3 Rev.2, F6 BIOS. This REV. 2 board hasn't been posted to your database yet. Thanks so much for your hard work! I love where you're going with this.

Attachments

• GA-P55-USB3 REV2.dsl
    199 KB · Views: 136

*TNEWT* said:
DSDT for GA-P55-USB3 Rev.2, F6 BIOS. This REV. 2 board hasn't been posted to your database yet. Thanks so much for your hard work! I love where you're going with this.
Thanks, but we already have this board in the database. The GA-P55-USB3 PCB rev.2.0 and PCB rev.1.0 motherboards use the same BIOS, so we only list it once. The only time we'll show two versions is if there are different BIOSes for each hardware revision.

MacMan said:
*TNEWT* said:
Thanks, but we already have this board in the database. The GA-P55-USB3 PCB rev.2.0 and PCB rev.1.0 motherboards use the same BIOS, so we only list it once. The only time we'll show two versions is if there are different BIOSes for each hardware revision.

Sorry for the unnecessary post. I tried the DSDT for the Rev 1 board and got KP during boot when I didn't use NullCpuPowerManagement. In Verbose mode, it showed that AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement was the culprit. I'm also plagued with no Ethernet. Should these be issues with the patched DSDT?

*TNEWT* said:
MacMan said:
[quote="*TNEWT*":38d8nl19]DSDT for GA-P55-USB3 Rev.2, F6 BIOS. This REV. 2 board hasn't been posted to your database yet. Thanks so much for your hard work! I love where you're going with this.

Sorry for the unnecessary post. I tried the DSDT for the Rev 1 board and got KP during boot when I didn't use NullCpuPowerManagement. In Verbose mode, it showed that AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement was the culprit. I'm also plagued with no Ethernet. Should these be issues with the patched DSDT?[/quote:38d8nl19]
The Rev 2 board uses an ethernet controller that isn't supported by the RealtekR1000SL. The solution is to use the official Realtek driver in MultiBeast, which is 32-bit only.

What do you have in /Extra/Extensions?

Just FakeSMC, NVEnabler and NullCPUPowerManagement. I tried both Realtek Kexts in MultiBeast 2.1.1, which was the only version I could find. I also tried each while Enabling and Disabling the Ethernet Boot Rom feature in the BIOS. No luck.

Thanks for all of your help. I'll give the Realtek kext a try again with the dsdt in place.

DSDT GA-H55-USB3-F6 Extract

Just extracted this from my H55-USB3 (rev2)...bios are F6

Attachments

• GA-H55-USB3-F6.aml
    21.6 KB · Views: 135
H55-USBS DSDT Extract Correction

I just noticed that my motherboard is actually a Rev1, I have reflashed my bios to Rev1-F6... and will extract a new DSDT shortly. (my confusion was the result of getting a refurb board, came in a rev2 box...but says rev1 on actual motherboard). Anyway sorry for the confusion.

Re: H55-USBS DSDT Extract Correction

leftbrain said:
I just noticed that my motherboard is actually a Rev1, I have reflashed my bios to Rev1-F6... and will extract a new DSDT shortly. (my confusion was the result of getting a refurb board, came in a rev2 box...but says rev1 on actual motherboard). Anyway sorry for the confusion.
I doesn't matter as the BIOS is the same for both versions of the board.

Hi. I'm new here. I use Gigabyte P55-UD3P with current bios F9. I updated the bios in win7 before this. Now I wanted to reinstall and dual boot win7 and snow leo. So how can I contribute for the database? Should I start from step 10 after I install the snow leo? I still not sure the benefit of doing this and what to do after upload the DSTS here. I am newbie. Sorry. But I has install Leo before on my Dell 1520. Thanks in advance.

Extract using Snow Leo
10. Load Optimized Defaults (Very Important!)
11. Set SATA to AHCI
12. Set HPET to 64 bit
13. Save to CMOS
14. Boot into OS X
15. Download DSDTSE
16. Under Tools, choose Extract DSDT. The Editor will open with your DSDT.dsl all ready to edit.
17. Save that file as the name of your board and attach it here. (GA-P55M-UD2-F9.dsl)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back