Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi Build for DB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a similar build but a GA-H77N-wifi board. System wakes from deep sleep but no display on the monitor. By the way I'm connected via Asus GTX 650 Ti turbo boost grahics card's HDMI port. Can you share your settings? I'm quite frustrated that it does not wake from sleep.

Hey noricklim! Do you have a dsdt? If yes, find
Code:
\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SIOW (Arg0)
and delete it.
Also, I would try without graphics card, (and possibly a fresh install only with onboard graphics) just to be sure that the issue is related to the Asus GFX or not.
Please report results

I've got things working now and am almost finished! I'm stuck at

For those like me
that have a graphic card, other changes to optimize AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext are needed.
- First of all copy AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext from System/Library/Extensions to desktop.
- In my case, I need to be aware of my graphic card. I have an nVidia GTX 650 ti, vendor id is 10de, and device id is 11c6 (these values are available in About this Mac\More info\System report\Graphics). Since there is no real Mac with this card (yet?), we don't actually know what is the perfectly right Power Management for GTX 650 ti. So the best match I found, testing different configurations, is iMac 13,2 config with GTX 660M (vendor id 10de and device id 0fe0), and its board id in AGPM.kext\Contents\Info.plist is Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4
As you can see in the next screenshot, I copied GFX0 and IGPU from Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4 (iMac 13,2) to Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED (MacMini 6,2) replacing what was there, plus I created Vendor10deDevice11c6 copying the same values that I found in Vendor10deDevice0fe0, so my MacMini has the same Graphic Power Management as iMac 13,2.

54556-agpm-set-660m.png

Ive been looking for
Code:
AGPM.kext\Contents\Info.plist
, but cannot find it. Can anyone help me out with this real quick?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got things working now and am almost finished! I'm stuck at

Ive been looking for
Code:
AGPM.kext\Contents\Info.plist
, but cannot find it. Can anyone help me out with this real quick?
That file is hidden. Open terminal and type defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE && killall Finder then press Enter key to show hidden files.
Afterwards open terminal and type defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE && killall Finder then press Enter key to hide hidden files.
You can skip AGPM plist editing, though. As tested a few months ago, performance is pretty much the same with native AGPM.

Hi Gia,

I was able to find the directory late last night and finished up my first complete hackintosh build! I just want to say thank you for your hard work. It was a fun project to build and now I cant wait for Mavericks, especially since I have the dual monitors set up!

Thanks!

Are the UEFI settings the same for Mavericks?

Are the UEFI settings the same for Mavericks?
I am making my Mavericks install drive right now, I have a fully functioning Mountain Lion hackintosh as per this build.
I'll keep you posted.

So far so good, clean install of Mavericks, no changes to UEFI required.
Be aware to not use chimera from previous install (use the unibeast disk instead), ok rookie mistake.
Now going through the rest of the install steps, once again I'll let you guys know how it all goes.

I am making my Mavericks install drive right now, I have a fully functioning Mountain Lion hackintosh as per this build.
I'll keep you posted.

So far so good, clean install of Mavericks, no changes to UEFI required.
Be aware to not use chimera from previous install (use the unibeast disk instead), ok rookie mistake.
Now going through the rest of the install steps, once again I'll let you guys know how it all goes.

Any luck on this yet?

Maciasl doesn't work in Mavericks, I used the DSDT I made for Mountain Lion and that works (copied it from my ML extra's folder).
Now getting ready for setting up powermanagement.

So fully functional Mavericks with no problems as of yet.

GPU still to do (waiting for the freaking auto-update of Xcode)

Update 1: CPU powermanagement works!!
Update 2: GPU powermanagement works!!

My Upgrade failed. No problems making the UniBeast disk.

When trying to update, the install fails with less than 1 minute remaining. I rebooted and the screen got stuck at the grey spinning apple logo.

Not sure if it matters. But I did have to modify the UniBeast disc so I can install on a MBR partition.

Couple of questions:

Did you use the upgrade option? Probably best to do a clean install and then use migration assistant to copy your user settings from your old install/clone or a time machine backup.

Did you use the -x -v bootflags?
Where did it get stuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back