Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo Silent MacMini 6,2 | Step by step guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for clarifying the kext thing. I have an original AirPort card, so it works OOB. I wonder if it can be added in the DSDT and work instead of ethernet to fix the app store issue, but I'll leave that for later.

Thing is, my only display is a Korean PLS (like IPS) 27" 2560x1440 monitor. It won't work with the iGPU, which means I have to take my rig to my neighbors (who is a friend so he's been letting me use his HDTV for this kind of thing). This means that I can get access to a normal monitor that I can use with the iGPU -but it's a royal PITA. I'm testing with a 100% clean install right now. I've been trying both the latest Chameleon build and Chimera, but I get the exact same results with both.

As for the GTX 760: AFAIK it's almost identical to the GTX 680, which is supported natively. As per that thread you linked, and according to what tony has to say (http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...7xx-kepler-cards-work-graphicsenabler-no.html), I should be good to go with GE=No. It should work just like a GTX 680/GTX 660 Ti
Maybe you can bring your neighbor's display to your rig! :lol:
Besides jokes, try to boot with dart=0 or to replace AppleACPIPlatform.kext in /System/Library/Extensions with the 10.8.1 version (make a backup of the original one, first, of course) from MutiBeast/Drivers & Bootloaders/System/AppleACPIPlatform Rollback/10.8.1 Rollback, I've read somewhere that can be useful with GTX 760 (just a guess).

Maybe you can bring your neighbor's display to your rig! :lol:
Besides jokes, try to boot with dart=0 or to replace AppleACPIPlatform.kext in /System/Library/Extensions with the 10.8.1 version (make a backup of the original one, first, of course) from MutiBeast/Drivers & Bootloaders/System/AppleACPIPlatform Rollback/10.8.1 Rollback, I've read somewhere that can be useful with GTX 760 (just a guess).

I got a kernel panic with the ACPI rollback, but it may have been something else. I don't see if there's anything I can do tonight, I will try and clean install tomorrow with my neighbors TV. Or maybe I'll buy a 50 foot HDMI cable.

@Nate & @Ginger,
can you post a zipped copy of your current EXTRA folder?

Hi Flicka

Please see my Extra folder zipped and attached as requested.

Regards
Ginger

Attachments

• Extra.zip
    852.9 KB · Views: 105
@Giacomoleopardo

You wrote in Post #3 and also in your other Zotac-build

I'm using an original Mac Mini i7 2,3 GHz (end 2012) and it also shows in IOReg AGPM a max value=0x10 and min value=0x0. Maybe it has something to do with the system definition (macmini6,2) that it only shows these values and not with the internal GPU. Even with my i5-3570K (see sig) there are the same settings.

And in the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext (of the i7 Mac Mini) there aren't any power-states mentioned (max and min). Why it is necessary for doing that?

Thanks in advance
Huberer
That's what I've been told to optimize PM, but it works properly even without it. I wouldn't worry about it.
Pay attention to System Definition, though: that's a really important set. MacMini 6,2 is the best choice at the moment, as stated by toleda here

Hi Ginger,
your extra, for me, is fine. Really don't know whats wrong in your rig. How giacomo suggest try a clen install without gtx installed and only when you have a working hd2500 try to install the 650.

Hi Ginger,
your extra, for me, is fine. Really don't know whats wrong in your rig. How giacomo suggest try a clen install without gtx installed and only when you have a working hd2500 try to install the 650.

Thanks Flicka. Already tried clean install without the GFX card method too. So I am guessing something is wrong with the Asrock motherboard. I probably got a screwed up version of the Z77E itx.

Would it make sense to sell it and buy the Gigabyte instead? I hear the Gigabyte Z77ITX has less problems?

Ginger

So I was playing with Clover until I got a hold of that HDTV. I was getting the same results as I had with Chimera/Chameleon. Then I removed my GTX 760 and plugged my HD4000 into the HDTV thru HDMI, bam, booted perfectly. App store works, GPU fully enabled, audio works.. so the good news in I got Clover working, now all I would need to do is set up for it to autopatch AppleHDA and inject fakesmc and then we would have a system with 0 kexts in S/L/E. But right now I want to get that GTX 760 working, because I need it in order to use my monitor. I tried the GTX 760 + HDTV to see if it was simply a problem with the Dual-Link DVI output or the high res, didn't work either, so it's the card itself (well not the hardware, that works fine in Windows...)

I can confirm the same thing in Chimera: with the GTX 760 I can only boot in safe mode, or my screen won't initialize.

we would have a system with 0 kexts in S/L/E
I guess you have installed AppleHDA.kext from MultiBeast/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC898 to make Audio working properly. And Zenith432's GenericUSBXHCI.kext from MultiBeast/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Miscellaneous/USB 3.0 - Universal to make ASMedia usb 3 controller working, haven't you? If yes, a system update won't affect GenericUSBXHCI.kext, but AppleHDA.kext will be replaced by the original one.

But right now I want to get that GTX 760 working, because I need it in order to use my monitor. I tried the GTX 760 + HDTV to see if it was simply a problem with the Dual-Link DVI output or the high res, didn't work either, so it's the card itself (well not the hardware, that works fine in Windows...)

I can confirm the same thing in Chimera: with the GTX 760 I can only boot in safe mode, or my screen won't initialize.
Did you try a fresh install with your friend's display and GTX 760 already installed?

I guess you have installed AppleHDA.kext from MultiBeast/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC898 to make Audio working properly. And Zenith432's GenericUSBXHCI.kext from MultiBeast/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Miscellaneous/USB 3.0 - Universal to make ASMedia usb 3 controller working, haven't you? If yes, a system update won't affect GenericUSBXHCI.kext, but AppleHDA.kext will be replaced by the original one.

Did you try a fresh install with your friend's display and GTX 760 already installed?

Clover is capable of patching kexts on the fly, I think.

I did try a fresh install, using IGP, and it worked fine. Threw in the GTX 760 and I'm back to square one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back