Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been addressed before, and also because I am a complete novice when it comes to this sort of thing :)

I recently got my first successful dual boot of El Capitan / Windows 10 on my desktop machine (ASUS P6X58 motherboard, 240GB SSD) which I really love, I just have one small problem:

I have 2 partitions on the SSD, one for each OS. I installed OSX first and clover would boot first, but after I installed Windows 10 i now have to press F8 on startup and select the SSD to boot into Clover.

Have I screwed it by not installing it in the correct way? Or is there a way to fix it without reinstalling everything because I am kind of afraid that I won't be able to get it back again and I'll be stuck with just Windows :D

Thanks in advance!

I'm struggling with the same problem. Have you managed to resolve it?

You only need to change the Boot priority in your UEFI/BIOS.
The first entry should be Windows. Just change that to clover and it's done.

PS. Please update your signiture ;)

Thanks for your reply!

As far as I am aware my BIOS allows only changing device priority and it points to disk with clover/windows. Or am I missing something? :)

To clarify the situation, I have two partitions: one for OS X and one for Windows. I have installed OS X (which worked flawlessly) and after that Windows 7 straight away updated to 10. When I start computer it always boots Windows. However I can manually boot OS X using UniBeast USB and I tried reinstalling clover, but with no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back