Contribute
Register

Getting 650ti working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I have this issue mainly when using Safari (and looks like I do not get it when using Firefox…)
Can it be related to the config I use (MacPro3,1) ?

Not sure, but you can try it. I'm using MacPro5,1. If you decide to try MacPro4,1 or MacPro5,1 make sure you delete "AppleTyMCEDriver.kext" from S/L/E before you restart.

If you use MacPro4,1or MacPro5,1 you need to delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, then you can use it. I'm using MacPro5,1.

I selected MP 3,1 to install the NVIDIA drivers - installed the 650Ti - then went back to iMac 12,2.

All is well now. Thanks again for your assistance!

Not sure, but you can try it. I'm using MacPro5,1. If you decide to try MacPro4,1 or MacPro5,1 make sure you delete "AppleTyMCEDriver.kext" from S/L/E before you restart.

Thank you ! I've switched to an iMac12,2 config, and I think I'll switch to MacPro5,1 if I still get the error… I'll let you know wheter it's working with those configs or not… By the way, what is the kext AppleTyMCEDriver.kext made for ?

Thank you ! I've switched to an iMac12,2 config, and I think I'll switch to MacPro5,1 if I still get the error… I'll let you know wheter it's working with those configs or not… By the way, what is the kext AppleTyMCEDriver.kext made for ?

It's only used on the MacPro4,1 and MacPro5,1. They use ECC Memory, so it's used for that, we don't have ECC memory, so it doesn't hurt anything to delete it.

Ok, but I'm not very good at writing guides, so hopefully you can follow along. You will only need this until 10.8.3 comes out, the drivers should be included then. First, you will need the 2 programs i attached and the NVidia Drivers, found here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html

Install the 2 programs.

Right click on the NVidia Drivers .dmg, open with Pacifist
In Pacifist, click on "Contents of webDriverPayload_jLhsf.pkg" then click "Extract to" I put mine in a folder called NVidia on my desktop.
Run "ShowAllFiles" click Show.
Open the Unibeast USB in finder. You should see more files and folders now.
Open the folder System, then Library, then Extensions. You will need to delete the NVidia drivers in this folder, delete the following: NVDAGF100Hal.kext, NVDAGK100Hal.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext, NVDAResman.kext
Open your folder with the new NVidia .kexts in it, copy them to the S/L/E folder. Now make sure you can see the Extensions folder, it will make the next step easier.
Open Terminal, type "sudo-s" enter
enter your password
type "sudo chmod -R 755" press the space bar once, to leave a space after 755, now, drag the "Extensions folder" onto Terminal, it should type the path for you. press enter.
type "sudo chown -R root:wheel" press the space bar once, to leave a space after wheel, now, drag the "Extensions folder" onto Terminal, it should type the path for you. press enter.
type "sudo touch" press the space bar once, to leave a space after touch, now, drag the "Extensions folder" onto Terminal, it should type the path for you. press enter.
type "exit"
type "exit"
close terminal
Open "ShowAllFiles" click Hide.

Now boot with your Unibeast install with the New NVidia drivers. Remember to boot with "GraphicsEnabler=No" and to install the NVidia drivers after you run Multibeast. Just use the NVidia installer. Reboot your computer, and you should be good to go!!!

Thank you very much.You are such a great guy.Worked like a charm.

So : I've tried to install the update at http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1609, and to switch config between iMac12,2, iMac13,2, MacPro3,1, but I still have those "NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception!" errors… What's more, I can't use Unigine Heaven, because I always get this error before it ends (I've never been able to get to the end of the test !). Anyone has an idea ? I have installed CUDA drivers, can it be involved, causing this error ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back