Contribute
Register

Getting 650ti working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does someone got HDMi Audio to work??

Or does I need DSDT edit?

@Stork,

Apple removed that update, we can't use that method, unless you know of another place to download the update??

I just checked, and the first link to the Apple Tech Note still works to download the 10.8.2 Supplemental Update. I updated the direct link.

BTW, I think I change my System Definition from MacMini5,1 for HD4000 to MacPro3,1 for the 650 Ti as the tonymacx86 instructions in the link above.

So : I've tried to install the update at http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1609, and to switch config between iMac12,2, iMac13,2, MacPro3,1, but I still have those "NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception!" errors… What's more, I can't use Unigine Heaven, because I always get this error before it ends (I've never been able to get to the end of the test !). Anyone has an idea ? I have installed CUDA drivers, can it be involved, causing this error ?

Ever any final luck man??? These errors are driving me nuts, I can't let go of this card cause I paid good money and it screams in Windows.. :/

Ever any final luck man??? These errors are driving me nuts, I can't let go of this card cause I paid good money and it screams in Windows.. :/

Unfortunately no… :| I'm looking forwards to 10.8.3, hoping it will have new graphic drivers that solve this problem… I've tried uninstalling CUDA (there's no uninstaller, so I did it manually, removing everything the installer added) and other things I do not remember, but all were unsuccessful.

I successfully installed a GTX650 Ti, MSI's Power Edition, using Bimmer's instructions with Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on a GA-Z77X-UP4 TH with the Intel i73770K CPU last week. I did NOT install Cuda. Zero problems with any application, sleep, etc.

I recommend this methos as well. I got the 650Ti MSI Power Edition to work as well. Also, I am a newb and this is probably not the right place but how do you change the System Definitions with an already installed OS? Probably just overlooking it. . . :problem:

I recommend this methos as well. I got the 650Ti MSI Power Edition to work as well. Also, I am a newb and this is probably not the right place but how do you change the System Definitions with an already installed OS? Probably just overlooking it. . . :problem:

Just use Multibeast, chose a different one, it will change it for you, or use Chameleon Wizard, which is my preferred method.

Awesome! Thank you for helping me out. I am on the Mac Pro 3,1 so it will be cool to update that. Seen any better results with certain ones? Guess not completely sure what would change them.

Awesome! Thank you for helping me out. I am on the Mac Pro 3,1 so it will be cool to update that. Seen any better results with certain ones? Guess not completely sure what would change them.

This is off topic, but the MacPro5,1 works well for me, just delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext if you try 4,1 or 5,1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back