Contribute
Register

Geforce GTX 950 on Sierra! Works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just installed Hackintosh on my computer. The only thing thats not working is graphic, exactly GTX 950. I installed driver and allowed Nvidia web driver in config.plist. System still can't find it.

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

I am sorry, I am dumbass. Just did what guy said here before and it works! Gonna fill that information into my profile...but my next question is: Does it matter, when my FAN on GPU (GTX 950) isn't rotating? GPU is cool, CPU fan is working, I am just curious, because I don't want to destroy my GPU somehow with this. Thanks!

I am sorry, I am dumbass. Just did what guy said here before and it works! Gonna fill that information into my profile...but my next question is: Does it matter, when my FAN on GPU (GTX 950) isn't rotating? GPU is cool, CPU fan is working, I am just curious, because I don't want to destroy my GPU somehow with this. Thanks!

A lot of the modern gpu's work that way. The fan stays off until a certain temperature is reached, then the fan speed scales up with temperature. Check your manufacturers website to confirm you have such a model.

Hello everybody.
i have tried all of this but no succes :( . The system always reboots, i only can boot it with nv_disable=1
I have :
  • GTX950 windforce 2 OC
  • GA-Z97X-Gaming 3
  • i5 4690-k
Should i choose imac 14.2? 15.1? Macbook pro 6.1?
Please help, and thanks in advance

orio

hey everyone,

I have a GTX950 and it was working fine on 10.12.4 Sierra/WebDriver-367.15.10.15f01 and I was running at 4K res. I installed and upgraded to WebDriver-378.05.05.15f01 and now my rig boots but the resolution is not utilizing my 4K resolution (1080P in all refresh reates) . Any ideas on how to get it back my res??

Cheers

hey everyone,

I have a GTX950 and it was working fine on 10.12.4 Sierra/WebDriver-367.15.10.15f01 and I was running at 4K res. I installed and upgraded to WebDriver-378.05.05.15f01 and now my rig boots but the resolution is not utilizing my 4K resolution (1080P in all refresh reates) . Any ideas on how to get it back my res??

Cheers
SO got figure out why the low resolution... I had a digitial-DVI adapter output to the HDMI port of the 4K. Once I plugged straight into the DVI, I got the 4K resolution back !!! sweet.....

Attachments

• 2017-05-22.jpg
    2017-05-22.jpg
    871 KB · Views: 320
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back