Contribute
Register

GA-Z97-HD3 I need you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Choose "Go to Folder" option from Finder's "GO" Menu. Then use path "/Volumes/<Your UnibeastUSB's Name>/Extra" to get it opened.

I managed to install,and now i am again stucked to "apple logo" before setting up the first time mac..

I can boot only on safe mode,where are the gurus?

unfortunately it stucks again,but there are 3 different patches on the post above,and i will try them all now.
As i mentioned in the post#14, use one of the kext which is matching with your OS X version.

no,none of these kexts works,i am stucked on apple logo,i followed all instructions,and i build this mackintosh from the builds guide..i don't know,i am desperate,if i go through my old ati card i can finish the install.
As mentioned earlier in post#11, first identify where you are stucked.

The correct path is /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext.
I Proceed installation with the integrated Graphics!
Is the above path available in UnibeastUSB??

Is the above path available in UnibeastUSB??
Yes it is.
I am going to download the latest Mavericks from Apple's appstore,and i ll try again today.Because my osx version was 10.9.

Yes it is.
I am going to download the latest Mavericks from Apple's appstore,and i ll try again today.Because my osx version was 10.9.
May i know how you reached to the location "/System/Library/Extensions/" in your UnibeastUSB??

Because if you are simply using the path "/System/Library/Extensions/" anywhere in a running OS X it will point to the root drive where the OS X is installed not to the USB.

May i know how you reached to the location "/System/Library/Extensions/" in your UnibeastUSB??

Because if you are simply using the path "/System/Library/Extensions/" anywhere in a running OS X it will point to the root drive where the OS X is installed not to the USB.
You have to show hidden files via terminal command,then you can see the path.
I fixed almost everything,without updating to 10.9.5,by repairing permissions with disk Utility and Kextutility that i download from the forum Downloads.I think that repairing permission before using Multibeast is crucial.As for the installation part,if there is problem with freezing,you have to use the kext for fixing the hd4600 from the link above.
now at list i can finish my work for tomorrow,and then i i will try a full install with 10.9.5 that i am downloading now.
The only "problem" is that even i have full Hd Graphics via HDMI and everything seems to work is that graphics is luggy on transitions or uaing dashboard.
The Multibeast settings i used are these:

• Quick Start: DSDT Free
  • Drivers
    • Audio:
      • Realtek ALC887/888b Current v100302
      • Realtek Intel 9 Series Motherboard Support
      • Note: In future patch installation, both need refresh after patch
    • Disk: 3rd Party SATA
    • Misc:
      • FakeSMC v6.8.1307
      • USB 3.0 Universal
    • Network:
      • RealteckRTL81111 v1.2.0
    • System:
      • AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
  • Bootloaders
    • Chimera v3.0.1
  • Customize
    • Basic Boot Options
    • Generate CPU States
    • Hibernate Mode - Desktop
    • Use KernelCache
    • 1080p Display Mode

I recently purchased the Z97-HD3 rev 2.0 F6 bios motherboard and found it a challenge to get working right, certainly far more difficult than Z87 or Z77 motherboards. I am using 8gb of GSkill RAM(F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL), very popular choice, Mavericks 10.9.5, an i5-4460 Haswell processor and an EVGA GT 610 video card(01G-P3-2615-KR), an inexpensive card with an HDMI, VGA and DVI ports. Never been fond of Intel HD anything on board graphics which always seem to be a pain to get working right, particularly when it comes to getting audio through the on-board HDMI port.

Two major problems came up immediately - intermittent kernel panics and no audio hardware detected in the Audio pref panel, even though MultiBeast has drivers for the "current" and "legacy" Realtek ALC887 hardware used on this board.

Random kernel panics: this seems to be a widespread problem on many Intel Series 9 motherboards. Judging by all the posts, the problem seems to be RAM related. I even got kernel panics while using a UniBeast installer. Changing the RAM merely altered the pattern of when the kernel panics would take place. In the past I have always set the RAM to Profile 1 in the bios in order to get the motherboard to recognize and run the RAM at 1600mhz. The panics stopped completely when I reset the RAM to its default setting, which for this rev 2.0 F6 Z97 board fortunately is 1600mhz instead of 1333 mhz, the usual default for older boards. I think this is some sort of a Gigabyte problem, since they have changed the initial bios setup with some sort of fancy preference choices for RAM performance to make it more appealing to newcomers, but not a very helpful addition to setting up the motherboard for Mac OS.

No Audio hardware detected: This was the hardest problem to solve. Tried a variety of ALC887 MultiBeast drivers. None worked. Chose the Intel Series 9 option, of course, and experimented with the 01-03 options which were added to the boot.plist in the Extra folder. Even tried the "Universal" (VoodooHDA) options in MultiBeast, only one of which seemed to do something. However, the audio in this one sort-of working option was loaded with hiss in one channel and basically unusable. Studied Toleda's lengthy and complicated post on this subject but couldn't easily find an answer in this arena. What I think was going on was that the combination of these new Haswell "refreshed" processors and what might have been a Realtec ALC887 variant chip on this motherboard not covered by the MultiBeast provided options was to blame(my 887 device was a 80868CA0). Almost gave up on this one when I stumbled across a new VoodooHDA option - Voodoo_HDA_2.8.5_MAV.pkg.zip - which is written for use with Mavericks. Worked perfectly. It even produced two HDMI options in the Output section of the Sound Pref. panel, the second of which piped audio into my GT 610 video card. Not sure if the first HDMI option does the same for the HD-4600 ports on the motherboard, none of which I tested or used. No need for the HDMIAudio-1.0.kext extension to rout audio to most nVidia cards that come with HDMI ports.

Solving these two major problems makes this Gigabyte ATX Z97 HD3 motherboard now work perfectly. I deleted the generate C and P states options in the Boot.plist since apparently they are no longer necessary. Geekbench scores were unchanged at around 11,300. Amazingly enough, sleep works perfectly too. But it was a bit of an adventure getting to this point but in the end well worth it, since the HD3 motherboard is quite inexpensive. Hope this lengthy post helps other Intel Series 9 Z97 motherboard users.

Attachments

• Voodoo_HDA_2.8.5_MAV.pkg.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 150
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back