Contribute
Register

GA-z77x-ud5h, I7-3770k, 32gb, 120 SSD…Stuck at apple screen. Did I do something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
macbook
CPU
dual core
Graphics
integrated
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
GA-z77x-ud5h, I7-3770k, 32gb, 120 SSD… Like I said it's stuck at the white screen with the apple logo on it. I've read through many posts and tried to gain as much knowledge troubleshoot without having to ask you guys but I really need this thing running. I'll tell you guys the steps I followed and you tell me how I screwed up.

1. Made a Unibeast Mountain Lion USB drive 10.8.2.
2. Mess with BIOS and make everything kosher for the install
3. Insert USB and boot from USB, run setup.
4. Setup restarts computer and tell it to boot from SSD.
5. STUCK

Question #2: Multibeast is supposed to run when it actually boots into OSX right? or is it done at a different step?

I didn't bother installing the graphics card since(ASUS GTX 660) I just want it to run so it is using the MB.

Thanks for helping a noob

try booting with -v and see where it stops

What USB port are you trying to install from? That may make a difference. Do you have the bios set up for integrated HD 4000 graphics? Like others have said try different boot augmenters. -v for verbose or -x for safe mode minimal installers to get up and running. I just installed onto this same ud5h board yesterday and it took a few different things to get it to boot. Not sure if it was my graphics card (580gtx) or cpu (i7 2600k) but the UD5H did not want to boot past the initial apple screen. I had to end up booting with PCIRootUID=0. Good luck.

in -x we have boot now I just have figure out my network settings

For this board, using only the onboard video, I had to boot using GraphicsEnabler=No.

Hi! Try with -v PCIRootUID=0 and set graphics on 64m

Or try -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=0 with VT-d turned off in BIOS, video RAM set to Max 64MB and High Precision Event Timer on. Use the DVI port for connection to the monitor.

1. Made a Unibeast Mountain Lion USB drive 10.8.2.
2. Mess with BIOS and make everything kosher for the install
3. Insert USB and boot from USB, run setup.
4. Setup restarts computer and tell it to boot from SSD.
5. STUCK

Question #2: Multibeast is supposed to run when it actually boots into OSX right? or is it done at a different step?

4.5 should read.....insert all boot flags that I used to install the O/S the first time......

Also search Yo_Mang's 6 Core editing Hack.....He includes a string you need to put into your boot.plst

then slowly and steadily start adding multibeast stuff back in till you have success.........

I had similar problems....HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back