Contribute
Register

GA-Z77N-WIFI with Gt 640 not running properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey JBG,

thanks a lot for your fast reply again :) Tomorrow I will get 2 DVI-D cables for my two screens. Then I will start to test everything with the new cables. I will test everything step by step tomorrow :)
You are right. Some things you have in your BIOS are not in mine. Maybe it is because of the different processor. Or maybe I should upgrade the BIOS. It's the original version but I guess there are some new BIOS updates available.
As soon as I will get my system running I will make a new video in which I will explain everything I did do - of course I will mention JBG, too ;)
These ones I fastly created with my iPhone. Not perfect but you get every information you needed to provide me new suggestions and solution approaches :)

Just one more little question: Does everything work fine for you? Especially videos from youtube for instance? Because when starting with -x then you videos are flickering.

Thanks a lot for all your help. Now it's on me to get everything running. But I will let you know my next steps and if it's working for me or not. Just to keep you informed.

Thanks a lot for your help
Best regards

:D jajaja

yes. i see it absolutely the same way :) i am sure it will work.

hi JBG,

it's pretty awesome. It's working. The funny thing was: I tried step by step turning on the same things inside of the BIOS like you did do. And it was working afterwards. I also got my ASUS GT640 running now. The only thing i needed to do different here was unchecking the GraphicsEnabler within Chameleon Wizard because the Asus GT640 is supported within Mountain Lion. Also I don't need to put in a graphic solution. And what to say. Everything seems to work fine. Restart, Sleep, Shutdown. The only thing I don't know yet is if it's really working like a professional mac. With all the power and especially with full graphics support :D But that's something I need to figure out now within the next weeks :D . I will create a tutorial now for everybody who also tries to create an MacOnPC :) As soon as I created this tutorial I will send it to you, too.

Here the evidence :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNK7JaBslsc&feature=youtu.be

Thanks a lot again for all your help and support. Was very very useful and without I guess I would not run the system now :)

Best regards

Hey Alex ...

Great going man ... but ... the one million dollar question ... WHAT was the main problem in BIOS then ?
Was it (I think myself one off these two) 'Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage' or the VT-d option ...

Great job

Hi JBG,

the VT-d was not the problem. Nevertheless I put it on disable because I don't really need it. It's Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (Vanderpool). You can virtualize your systems. You can use different operating systems and you can tell your pc that every operating system is a single computer system. Nothing what I really need but which really does not affect the Mountain Lion as well.

Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage: Did not affect anything.

X.M.P affected the Lion start so after disabling I could start ML without any problems. But ... and that's the funny thing on all this ... you mentioned the kept the antennas connected. I really could not imagine that this could be a problem but after connecting them I really did not get any "Bluetooth error" again. So...

What I did not test was the combination of some BIOS configurations. Because this would take hours, days, weeks, month, years :D jeje.

It's pretty cool to have forums like this with people like you who are trying to help all the time and at the end everything ends with a big success.
;)

Well done Alex :headbang:

I'm glad it works for you ... finally :thumbup:
Ok then ... looking forward to your tutorial / video

Have fun, and glad I could help a little

hi JBG,

sorry for the late answer. Was unexpectable out of the city the last 2 days.
And thanks a lot again for your help. Indeed: Without your help I would not get anything run here.

Best regards

hi jbg,

ok. this is a little documentation we created: Only for testing purposes of course. I wanted to send it to you via PM but it's not possible for me, yet because I need at least 20 threads here (actually that's the message i get). it's written a little strange but understandable.

best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back