Contribute
Register

GA-Z77-DS3H / i7-3770K using HD4000 - Flickering / sluggish / poor graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a clean install of 10.8.3 over the weekend on a 750GB HDD, without touching the F8 bios (m/b rev 1.0) or settings. No iGPU issues as well. Using MB 5.3.0, I didn't select any graphics or bootloader options, I let MB install the defaults. I did have to do the boot0 dd fix, though.

In the UEFI/BIOS Peripherals page:
Init Display First: Auto
Internal Graphics: Auto
Internal Graphics Memory Size: 32M
DVMT Total Memory Size: MAX

I use DVI on a 1080p eMachines (Acer) display & Macmini6,1 sysdef. System Report lists Gfx memory as 768MB.

I had the same problem. And all indications are that the 6870 and ML are touchy at best on your hackintosh. I had the same problems. Flickering Flash banners, scrolling images... all of it slowing down any web activity or graphics utilization. I'm a ProTools editor on film and TV and I couldn't even play back do do my job. I had no issues in LION, by the way.

I tried a myriad of fixes and kexts and tweaks to the bios and couldn't get it to work. In the end, I looked up GPU compatibility with ML and found that for only a hundred dollars, I could replace the card with a GT 640, (this is just what I did). I just put it in this morning and BAM, everything works. No issues at all.

Save yourselves the hassle. Replace the card!

Hack on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back