Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Thought I would come on with an update!.....I am now running very happily at 4.2Ghz - Thanks for the advice DiscreetLogic!

Cheers again!

Jamie

blabla.gif
Box Contents GA-Z68XP-UD3P motherboard Motherboard driver disk User's Manual Quick Installation Guide Four SATA cables I/O Shield One 2-Way SLI bridge connector The box contents above are for reference only and the actual items shall depend on the product package you obtain. The box contents are subject to change without notice. Optional Items 2-port USB 2.0 bracket (Part No. 12CR1-1UB030-5*R) 2-port SATA power cable (Part No. 12CF1-2SERPW-0*R) COM port cable (Part No. 12CF1-1CM001-3*R) 2-port IEEE 1394a bracket (Part No. 12CF1-1IE008-0*R) 3.5" Front Panel with 2 USB 3.0/2.0 ports (Part No. 12CR1-FPX582-0*R) -6-

@SJamG

Awesome glad this helped. :)

I updated the first thread with info about Mountain Lion and the new UEFI bios.

This board is now pretty easy to set up. :)

No DSDT required!

It's definitely shaping up to be a very good board indeed - i am really happy with mine. Just a have a few small questions though :

1. USB 3.0 - have we established this does work (I checked the 3rd party USB 3.0 option in MultiBeast)? I am just about to buy one and dont want to if it no worky :|

2. I have Corsair Vengeance RAM (16gb) and it should run at 1600Mhz, but OS X is saying it's only running at 1333Mhz - I have googled it and there are varying opinions that it does run at 1600mhz and other say it has been underclocked for stability. Does anyone know the best way to find out and if anyone has this RAM - what did you do?

Cheers!

I have Corsair Vengeance RAM (16gb) and it should run at 1600Mhz, but OS X is saying it's only running at 1333Mhz -

Don't mind what osx is saying I think.

USB 3.0 - have we established this does work (I checked the 3rd party USB 3.0 option in MultiBeast)? I am just about to buy one and dont want to if it no worky

There's a new kext that's pretty sweet. I haven't tested performance yet. (Repurposed my external usb 3.0 drive as a backup device for my nas)

Hey guys, for the really brave out there I thought I'd share the latest stuff I'm toying with.

If anyone want to try the mountain lion applehda work done by toleda here with the UEFI bios

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/67763-ml-optimized-realtek-applehda-preview-alpha.html

Using no DSDT means that we can't give osx the right id's for the audio codec. Toleda explains this in his post, so check this out.

So, I created a DSDT for the board that supports the audio device id he needs for applehda. It's attached to this post.

here's an idea on what ML_Applehda is all about

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/67763-ml-optimized-realtek-applehda-preview-alpha.html#post422556
Changes in Mountain Lion AppleHDA (from Lion)
1. Can not use codec name for Audio-ID (Ex., 889 won't work). Must use an exiting Apple layout_id.
2. Nvidia HDMI audio device_ids are supported natively in ML_AppleHDA
3. The Resources/layoutxx.xml and Platforms.xml are invisible and compressed. Terminal script available to uncompress and compress .zlib files
4. Each Patched AppleHDA will only have layouts (1, 2 & 3) for the codec it supports.

New "Feature" of Mountain Lion AppleHDA
1. AMD/Nvidia and HD3000/HD4000 HDMI audio works without on board audio working (assuming dsdt edits) by setting HDEF/layout_id to an existing Apple layout_id such as 1. That means systems with unsupported audio codecs can have HDMI audio and AirPlay audio using the native AppleHDA.kext in Mountain Lion (do not Install a Patched AppleHDA for this feature).

Attachments

• DSDT_z68xp-ud3puefi.aml.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 56
Yesterday i did a fresh install of ML. I had it updated from Lion and i had some issues so i decide to make a fresh install. I cannot though make the audio function. It was working fine after the update from lion. I installed the realtek audio drivers with DSDT. Also i cannot see the Hdds that are attached to marvel controller of the board. Cpu i5 2500 gpu geforce 9500 ram 16gig. Any suggestions?

UPDATE FOR UEFI

I've been at it, and here are some of my conclusions.

I've added a new dsdt that compiled with no warning or no errors.

Sleep is more reliable with the Mac Pro plist, which you should definitely generate yourself with chameleon wizard anyways, so that your serial number isn't exactly the same as everyone using multibeast. Useful for iCloud

(They should script a serial generator this in their installer if it's not the case)

Waking from sleep now gives me this :

Code:
The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1a000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
The USB device HubDevice (Port 6 of Hub at 0x1a100000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (3)
The USB device Keyboard Hub (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1a160000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (3)
[B]The USB device Apple Keyboard[/B] (Port 2 of Hub at 0x1a161000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (3)

Code:
 [Level 5] [com.apple.message.domain com.apple.afpfs.sleepState] [com.apple.message.signature asleep] [com.apple.message.success 1] [Message AFPSleepWakeHandler: going to sleep]
         0 [Time 1346892377] [B][Message Wake reason: PWRB (User)[/B]
Sweet! :thumbup:

Best of all, no more damn firewire guid error that were so messing up the console that they actually slowed down shutdowns. :banghead:

Now, Mastoul :

I installed the realtek audio drivers with DSDT

You need to run multi beast again I think. Rebuild caches, look at my org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1200x32</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>darkwake=No -force64</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<string>/Extra/SMBios.plist</string>
	<key>Theme</key>
	<string>Default</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

To all notice : darkwake=No and not darkwake=0, apparently this is how ML likes it now.

Also i cannot see the Hdds that are attached to marvel controller of the board.

Is the controller enabled in the bios?

Attachments

• DSDT_z68xp-ud3p_uefi_v02.aml.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 101
i thought the UEFI update made the DSDT pointless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back