Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
titsmgee said:
Be advised the only thing missing from the first post is the new requirement for SSDT in 10.7.4 to get proper speed-stepping.

I will be doing clean install as well once 10.8 is out. Can't wait.

Did a screen cap of the new multibeast since a couple of things were added (boot options included in UserDSDT option, patched audio, SSDT...) even though the gist is the same like DL said.

Thanks titsmgee for the screen shot.

I got my lion USB today and have lion with the latest updates installed. The only think that seems not to be working is the audio. I am trying to go through the green audio out plug via the motherboard. Usb3, sata 3 and network is working.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

So-- anyone upgraded to Mountain Lion yet? Any issues?

btw, when i try to put my machine to sleep, it thinks for 15sec and then sleeps. monitor doesnt come back on if it sleeps for more than 5 seconds.

I installed Mountain Lion onto a blank 60GB SSD I use as a 'Sandbox'. I've only encountered two problems so far.

1) I have a XFX6870 and apparently there are problems with the installer and 6xxx series of ATI cards. This problem has a well documented workaround that I followed to a successful installation.
2) The AppleRTC CMOS patch from Lion doesn't seem to work. Rebooting the machine after a sleep cycle resets the CMOS. So far I haven't found any information on this one.

Is there a fix for the cmos yet?

Is it the 1st post in that thread? do you just run this in terminal?

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /Extra/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Is it the 1st post in that thread? do you just run this in terminal?

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /Extra/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Only if /E/E/AppleRTC.kext/ exists, otherwise you need to copy it over from /S/L/E.

Technically you should be able to run the command against the existing AppleRTC.kext in /S/L/E and be fine. YMMV

Updated Command: sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /System/Library/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Audio Issue Resolved now working with 1024x768 HDMI Video issue

Thank you very much for your help.

I can now say that I have Mountain Lion installed on my Gigabyte z68xp-ud4 using the HD3000 Onboard video via the HDMI port. All seems to be working including the audio but the max and only resolution provided via the Mountain Lion operating system is 1024x768.
I created my hackintosh following the steps found on “The Always Up-to-Date Guide to Building a Hackintosh”

When creating my hackintosh I made sure of the following settings:

Bios: Advanced Bios Features – On-Chip Frame Buffer Size = 480MB+2MB FOR GTT

Within MultiBeast I selected the following options:

UserDSDT Install (with appropriate DSDT file located on the desktop)
System Utilities
Drivers & Bootloaders – Kexts & Enablers – Audio – Realtek ALC8xx – Unified Device Injector – ALC8xxHDA
Drivers & Bootloaders – Kexts & Enablers – Audio – Realtek ALC8xx – AppleHDA Rollback
Drivers & Bootloaders – Kexts & Enablers – Disk – 3rdParty SATA
Drivers & Bootloaders – Kexts & Enablers – Disk – 3rdParty eSATA
Drivers & Bootloaders – Kexts & Enablers – Disk – TRIM Enabler
Drivers & Bootloaders – Kexts & Enablers – Miscellaneous – USB 3.0 – NEC/Renesas and Etron
Drivers & Bootloaders – Kexts & Enablers – Network – Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 for 10.7
Customization – Boot Options – 64-bit Graphics Enabler=N0
Customization – Boot Options – SSDT – Core i5/i7 Overclocked
Customization – System Definitions – Mac mini

I did have some issues when creating my hackintosh. I ended up needing an additional boot flag to get to the installer. At the boot option screen I typed GraphicsEnabler=No.
I also created my hackintosh while keeping all 16GB of ram installed.

Are any of my MultiBeast settings wrong? Does anyone have the onboard video card displaying at 1920x1080? Does anyone know how to achieve this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back