Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
curious, but after sleep does your machine become slow as trash? my geekbench score wil drop down to like 2000 from 10k after sleep.

Hey Discreet, any interest in building an ivy bridge machine when the chips are out? My parents need a computer, and they offered to buy mine at what it would cost me to build a new one. I'm thinking ivy bridge with an even better GPU. It would be great to choose a MB with as much support as this one has on this thread.

Hey Discreet, any interest in building an ivy bridge machine when the chips are out?

Interest? Absolutely! Will I do it? Not sure, the machine isn't even a year old! :lol:

Looking at z77 though, I'm not sure... z68's usb has been a PITA and I love the [email protected] don;t get me wrong, it's just that since we can't use the gpu part of it, I wish I had more cores.

If I would get a newer rig, I'd take a close look at socket 2011.

EDIT : Just for fun, I check a socket 2011 cpu/mobo upgrade. Holy crap $$$ :eek:

We'll see what z77 has in store then :p Let's find more detailed specs before considering z77

My parents need a computer, and they offered to buy mine at what it would cost me to build a new one.

Gotta love parents! ;)

discreetlogic said:
Not at all.

But I've seen this happen if you are using a smbios.plist other than macpro3,1 and maybe the applegpupowermanagement kext

What are you using?

i'm using iMac12,2 and a modified AGPM with an iMac12,2 entry for my Nvidia GTX 570. Are you saying I should try MacPro3,1?

I successfully installed 10.7.3 and everything is great. However, I'm running into some sluggishness with my magic mouse.. It seems like about every 20 seconds the tracking slows or skips for about 5 seconds or so. I wasn't having this issue at all in SL but ever since upgrading I've had this issue. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have a feeling it might be my bluetooth dongle. I'm currently using the Jabra A320s. Are there any other dongles you guys might recommend for better performance?

SG- said:
i'm using iMac12,2 and a modified AGPM with an iMac12,2 entry for my Nvidia GTX 570. Are you saying I should try MacPro3,1?

If you feel like experimenting, do try macpro3,1 and ditching all the powermanagementgpu kexts, rebuild caches, report back.

This is what I have running on a quadro 4000. :thumbup:
I successfully installed 10.7.3 and everything is great. However, I'm running into some sluggishness with my magic mouse..

Were you on Snow before?

Were you on Snow before?

I was running snow then I did a fresh install of Lion...

@JohnV
glad I could help out. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back