Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, this is my very first comment in this fantastic forum.
Thank you very much, Tonymac it's soooooo useful!!!!! :headbang:

I've just bought a new computer to install MacOS on it.
AND I AM PRETTY DESPERATE, because I have a tight deadline...

I need it for production: professional editing and compositing video, so it's kind of powerful... :twisted:

This is my rig:

Intel Core i7 2700K 3.5Ghz Box Socket 1155
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P (F6)
Noctua NH-D14
G.Skill RipjawsZ DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 16GB 4x4GB CL9
(x2) OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS SATA3 2.5" SSD 120GB
Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB SATA3
Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl
(x2) Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5
Sony AD-7280S DVD 24X
Corsair AX850 850W Modular
Dell Ultrasharp U2711
Apple Wireless Keyboard
Logitech Performance MX

I would like to mount the 2 SSDs in a Raid0, but by now I put them as AHCI in the bios.
Also, want to use the HD 6870s because I need 6 outputs, to project a huge video using 6 projectors simultaneously.
Also, I pretend to OC the system soon, but first, I want to install completely Lion or SL.

After reading at the Tonymacx86 guide I changed the BIOS parameters (AHCIs, SMART,...).
I just connected one of them in order to install OSX. Also took out 12 of the 16 RAM Gb, to install SL. And just leaved one of the SSDs for the same reason.
Tried with the Seagate instead of the SSDs, but with the same results...

Well, I choosed those elements because of their supposed compatibility with MacOS X... but I'm having problems installing Lion... I just get a blank grey screen after a lot of code, when using -v -PCIRootUID=0 in Unibeast... If this persists I will create another post for this when I decide to install Lion.

Finally I decided to go for Snow Leopard, and, after installing 10.6, UpdateHelper, 10.6.8 combo, and Multibeast (trying to follow the instructions of discreetlogic), but ALWAYS HAVE THE SAME KERNEL PANIC WHEN I PLUG A USB Pendrive or HD... :banghead:
But incredibly, the system could wake from sleep USB without any problem :)

How could I fix this, please?

thank you very much in advance!!!!

supergen said:
Hello, this is my very first comment in this fantastic forum.
Thank you very much, Tonymac it's soooooo useful!!!!! :headbang:

I've just bought a new computer to install MacOS on it.
AND I AM PRETTY DESPERATE, because I have a tight deadline...

I need it for production: professional editing and compositing video, so it's kind of powerful... :twisted:

This is my rig:

Intel Core i7 2700K 3.5Ghz Box Socket 1155
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P (F6)
Noctua NH-D14
G.Skill RipjawsZ DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 16GB 4x4GB CL9
(x2) OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS SATA3 2.5" SSD 120GB
Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB SATA3
Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl
(x2) Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5
Sony AD-7280S DVD 24X
Corsair AX850 850W Modular
Dell Ultrasharp U2711
Apple Wireless Keyboard
Logitech Performance MX

I would like to mount the 2 SSDs in a Raid0, but by now I put them as AHCI in the bios.
Also, want to use the HD 6870s because I need 6 outputs, to project a huge video using 6 projectors simultaneously.
Also, I pretend to OC the system soon, but first, I want to install completely Lion or SL.

After reading at the Tonymacx86 guide I changed the BIOS parameters (AHCIs, SMART,...).
I just connected one of them in order to install OSX. Also took out 12 of the 16 RAM Gb, to install SL. And just leaved one of the SSDs for the same reason.
Tried with the Seagate instead of the SSDs, but with the same results...

Well, I choosed those elements because of their supposed compatibility with MacOS X... but I'm having problems installing Lion... I just get a blank grey screen after a lot of code, when using -v -PCIRootUID=0 in Unibeast... If this persists I will create another post for this when I decide to install Lion.

Finally I decided to go for Snow Leopard, and, after installing 10.6, UpdateHelper, 10.6.8 combo, and Multibeast (trying to follow the instructions of discreetlogic), but ALWAYS HAVE THE SAME KERNEL PANIC WHEN I PLUG A USB Pendrive or HD... :banghead:
But incredibly, the system could wake from sleep USB without any problem :)

How could I fix this, please?
thank you very much in advance!!!!

Try doing your install with just one graphics card. Might want to try with just one 4gb stick as well. Give us a screen shot of you KP when booting verbose if your problem persist.

Look at this guide for Raid0 :
viewtopic.php?t=36722&p=234529

titsmgee said:
Try doing your install with just one graphics card. Might want to try with just one 4gb stick as well. Give us a screen shot of you KP when booting verbose if your problem persist.

Look at this guide for Raid0 :
viewtopic.php?t=36722&p=234529

Thanks for the link titsmgee! :headbang:
I'll check it later ;)

I have just one HD 6870 plugged, 4Gb RAM, 1 HD,... so I don't know why is this...
I guess it could be because of my multibeast installation: before it the USBs works.

I've look for all the MB screenshots I could find.
Someone could give me a clue about this, please?
And, how can I differenciate the kexts that MB add from the ones of 10.6.8?

Thanks!

@supergen

Definitely my kind a guy, fellow compositor talking here. :thumbup:

You have to take this as a learning experience first. Things take a little while to exactly like you want them. It's normal.

Not an ATI owner personally, but I understand you need the monitors and all.

To speed things up, seeing as you have a more recent ati card, why not go straight to LION? I left all my ram, 16g too, follow the steps in the first post.

Check the 6870 threads on the board, but I'd with LION for your rig.

You've got a sweet system for sure, once it works post a video of it blasting 6 projectors, would love to see that :headbang:

to all experiencing usb quirks after wake, there's a dsdt fix in the works, but in the meantime, try either the front ports, or (what worked for me) a powered usb hub (monitor in my case)

If you have bluetooth, take that out of the equation while you debug.

@ellisbodds MPC-HC for osx?

discreetlogic said:
@supergen

Definitely my kind a guy, fellow compositor talking here. :thumbup:

You have to take this as a learning experience first. Things take a little while to exactly like you want them. It's normal.

Not an ATI owner personally, but I understand you need the monitors and all.

To speed things up, seeing as you have a more recent ati card, why not go straight to LION? I left all my ram, 16g too, follow the steps in the first post.

You've got a sweet system for sure, once it works post a video of it blasting 6 projectors, would love to see that :headbang:

to all experiencing usb quirks after wake, there's a dsdt fix in the works, but in the meantime, try either the front ports, or (what worked for me) a powered usb hub (monitor in my case)

If you have bluetooth, take that out of the equation while you debug.

@ellisbodds MPC-HC for osx?
They said they were only using Windows 7.

discreetlogic said:
Thanks for your support and interest Discreetlogic! :mrgreen:

Well, that was my first option... I bought the 10.7.3 app, tried with two different USB sticks (1º Intenso, and switched to a Sandisk after my fails), unplugging almost everything,... but just got that blank grey screen after a lot of code screens...
I just turned over SL after this frustating start with Lion
On the other hand, where could I find more info about multibeast optimal configs, and how to edit kexts and create custom DSDTs?

titsmgee said:
Try removing the Lnx2Mac ethernet kext if you have it. (has some issues after sleep)
Replace it with the official Realtek 2.0.6 ethernet kext.

Make sure you are running at least F5 BIOS and corresponding DSDT.

i looked through my library-->extensions folder and i dont have the Lnx2Mac kext enabled....
i DO have a the RealtekTTL81xx kext in the folder tho, so i guess thats what im using and should replace with the 2.0.6...?

and i just double checked and i am running F5 and the right DSDT

hi quadro 4000 owners.
probably a dumb question but one that i'm working over ...

quadro 4000, mac version or not ?

i was thinking that the Z68XP-UD3P might support the mac version but then would the nvidia drivers support the pc version ?

basically, i don't know and would like to know what others have done.

i hope someone can help
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back