Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi first time posting. I am just confused about sending video + audio (up to DTS-HD MA) usinf HDMI only. I am planning to buy this GA-Z68XP-UD3P board (and core i i7-2600k), and use it mainly for video editing + watching full-hd video (blu ray up to 1080p, DTS -HD MA). I want to connect it to my TV via HDMI. Does it work or are there any issues?

lucatow1 said:
Hi first time posting. I am just confused about sending video + audio (up to DTS-HD MA) usinf HDMI only. I am planning to buy this GA-Z68XP-UD3P board (and core i i7-2600k), and use it mainly for video editing + watching full-hd video (blu ray up to 1080p, DTS -HD MA). I want to connect it to my TV via HDMI. Does it work or are there any issues?

I have mine connected to an A/V receiver via the optical port with absolutely no issues using Toleda's 889 AppleHDA.
I have not set up HDMI audio as it requires an extra step. Setup also depends on whether you will be using graphics card or the HD3000. I know both ways will work, i just haven't had the need to explore it.

titsmgee said:
I have mine connected to an A/V receiver via the optical port with absolutely no issues using Toleda's 889 AppleHDA.
I have not set up HDMI audio as it requires an extra step. Setup also depends on whether you will be using graphics card or the HD3000. I know both ways will work, i just haven't had the need to explore it.

I plan to use only HD3000, I will see if it can handle my movies in Full-HD and video editing. If it is not enough I will buy a GPU.
If I will only use HD3000 and HDMI, can anyone tell em the guide to set up it correctly?

@lucatow1

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=45795

HDMI audio can be a PITA to set up but it's worth it.

Start there. I've got hdmi audio out of an nvidia quadro 4000.

I'm sure once you get the hd3000 working it'll do hdmi audio.

Still no word on whether we can do hd3000 and a discret gpu... Right now the answer is no. :x

Quick question for you : What app supports bitstreaming DTS-MA in osx? :think:

discreetlogic said:
@lucatow1

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=45795

HDMI audio can be a PITA to set up but it's worth it.

Start there. I've got hdmi audio out of an nvidia quadro 4000.

I'm sure once you get the hd3000 working it'll do hdmi audio.

Still no word on whether we can do hd3000 and a discret gpu... Right now the answer is no. :x

This is what I was thinking. Also, why do you even want to send DTS-HD MA to your TV? It's only going to output stereo, surely? Unless you have some kind of pass-through to a receiver or something.

discreetlogic said:

Good question. None afaik
Maybe VLC in the future. They did just add bluray support, seems like the next most logical step.

discreetlogic said:
@lucatow1

I am not using osx, just win 7.

Yes, I want to pass-through the audio using also the hdmi, then my receiver does the rest.

Thx anyway. Rgds.

hey guys,

i semi-recently did a hackintosh build and everything is going great, but theres two hiccups that ive got regarding my usb ports

so the first one is that when i wake from sleep, none of my peripherals are responsive. so basically, ill put my computer to sleep and i am able to wake it up by using my usb mouse or keyboard or w.e, but once its awake again, the mouse/keyboard/w.e dont work

the second problem might be the same issue, but not really sure. so basically my motherboard isnt great at noticing when something has been plugged in via usb. for example when i plug my ipod in via usb it wont get recognized and ill have to restart my system. once its been restarted the ipod connects fine, but only if it was plugged in when i was restarting the system

so these problems might be related, but i really have no idea about either one and any help would be appreciated
thanks

lucatow1 said:
discreetlogic said:
@lucatow1

I am not using osx, just win 7.

Yes, I want to pass-through the audio using also the hdmi, then my receiver does the rest.

Thx anyway. Rgds.
MPC-HC (Media Player Classic - Home Cinema) can definitely be set up to bitstream audio via HDMI. I'm sure you can find a guide fairly easily.

franks1no said:
hey guys,

i semi-recently did a hackintosh build and everything is going great, but theres two hiccups that ive got regarding my usb ports

so the first one is that when i wake from sleep, none of my peripherals are responsive. so basically, ill put my computer to sleep and i am able to wake it up by using my usb mouse or keyboard or w.e, but once its awake again, the mouse/keyboard/w.e dont work

the second problem might be the same issue, but not really sure. so basically my motherboard isnt great at noticing when something has been plugged in via usb. for example when i plug my ipod in via usb it wont get recognized and ill have to restart my system. once its been restarted the ipod connects fine, but only if it was plugged in when i was restarting the system

so these problems might be related, but i really have no idea about either one and any help would be appreciated
thanks

Try removing the Lnx2Mac ethernet kext if you have it. (has some issues after sleep)
Replace it with the official Realtek 2.0.6 ethernet kext.

Make sure you are running at least F5 BIOS and corresponding DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back