Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
discreetlogic said:
I'm that ocd and a sleep freak you see
All good me too. I like my machine running perfectly. :lol:

I ended up buying this for voltage regulation. I could not find the other unit anywhere. I don't mind doing some soldering especially considering the price. 56 cents + S&H
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea ... S-3302E/DB

I got a question for you discrete, since you have the apple aluminum keyboard. After sleep do your keyboard shortcuts work?
These ones in particular:
Sleep= CMD,Option,Eject
Shut Down = Contol,Eject

Never-mind it was the Lnx2Mac Ethernet. Switched back to the Realtek for like the 4th time. Both kexts have their downsides but I think I'm going to stick Realtek till Lnx2Mac does an update.

Okay, I've been having a few problems so I'm going to do a fresh install after my Airport stuff arrives, so what do you guys recommend in terms of MultiBeast? Have you all used the DSDT install, and what options have you picked?

Cheers

EDIT: I don't use the onboard audio or network at all so I won't be needing to tick those, I just want full stability and functionality with everything else. Mainly stability, as I was getting quite a lot of random freezes before. According to the crash logs it seemed to be to do with Spotlight's indexing.

@ ellisbodds, see the front page for the guide with Multibeast settings and all the rest. Awesome guide by discreet! :headbang:

UPDATE ON OPTICAL SOUND:
I can report that with Toleda's patched AppleHDA kext, the optical port on this board does output 2 channel spdif. I had to convert the optical signal to a coaxial signal to use with my speakers, but the sound works! I am getting a little bit of hiss on my speakers when no sound is playing. I'm not sure if that is normal and I'm being neurotic, or if that has to do with the kext. I have not tried to get 5.1 sound yet. I'm using the basic kext, and only get 2 channel digital at the moment.

If you are looking for an optical to coaxial digital converter, this one from radioshack works:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12195987

So this is the board for this of us on somewhat of a budget and want a stable reliable, machine, right?

TechieJustin said:
So this is the board for this of us on somewhat of a budget and want a stable reliable, machine, right?
Yes sir!

I'm really happy with it to be honest. It's been stable (besides the reset button causing it to go into a boot loop), it's good a decent set of features, ports and so on, and it wasn't too costly.

ellisbodds said:
TechieJustin said:
Yes sir!

I'm really happy with it to be honest. It's been stable (besides the reset button causing it to go into a boot loop), it's good a decent set of features, ports and so on, and it wasn't too costly.

Gotcha.
I'm still looking at the other CustoMac builds, to find something more within my budget.
Those recommended builds are fairly easy to get running, right?

TechieJustin said:
ellisbodds said:
TechieJustin said:
Yes sir!

Gotcha.
I'm still looking at the other CustoMac builds, to find something more within my budget.
Yeah, they should be. You'll still encounter some minor problems I'm sure, but that's just part of the process of building a hackintosh.

ellisbodds said:

Gotcha.
Those recommended builds are fairly easy to get running, right?[/quote]
Yeah, they should be. You'll still encounter some minor problems I'm sure, but that's just part of the process of building a hackintosh.[/quote]

Yeah, I know.
What do you think about the reliability to the point of having the machine be primarily remote accessed?
When I travel I'll probably set it to be accesses over VNC , through SSH though.

TechieJustin said:
ellisbodds said:

Gotcha.
Yeah, they should be. You'll still encounter some minor problems I'm sure, but that's just part of the process of building a hackintosh.[/quote]

Yeah, I know.
What do you think about the reliability to the point of having the machine be primarily remote accessed?
When I travel I'll probably set it to be accesses over VNC , through SSH though.[/quote]
I don't see why that wouldn't work. On my machine I have got some random crashes in the past, but I'm going to reinstall soon and try to work on ironing out little things like that, because obviously if your machine freezes up to the point where it needs a hard restart, you're going to be screwed if you're not sitting in front of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back