Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
@titsmgee, I want to get HDMI out from my XFX-6870. From what you're saying, is it true that this now only requires a minor DSDT edit? If so, do you know what that edit should be, or can you point me in the direction to a guide I can use? Thanks!

tomhukk said:
@titsmgee, I want to get HDMI out from my XFX-6870. From what you're saying, is it true that this now only requires a minor DSDT edit? If so, do you know what that edit should be, or can you point me in the direction to a guide I can use? Thanks!

Well this should give you some incite how to edit your DSDT.aml
Your method will be a little different than described in the post but its the same general idea.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35559&start=0

Also there is a Read Me File in side Toleda's Zip that tells you that exact line of code you need to change and what to change it to i believe its
0x79 0x03 0x00 0x00
to
0x85 0x01 0x00 0x00

I edited the F6 DSDT for HDMI out of my XFX-6870. Funny enough, I don't have any HDMI devices to test it with :D . If anyone has a discreet 6870 gpu and would like to give it a try, I'm attaching the edited DSDT. Make sure you back up your old DSDT before trying out this one. Good luck!

EDIT: You should also have Toleda's new AppleHDA kext installed. Let me know if it works. I wasn't able to get the HDMI out to show up in system preferences, but that may be due to not having a device connected. If you try this out, make sure to boot up with an HDMI device connected which is able to process audio.

DSDT - F6 - Discreet HDMI - HD6870.aml

Attachments

• DSDT - F6 - Discreet HDMI - HD6870.aml
    17.4 KB · Views: 75
I just discovered a problem i am having with firewire after sleep. My firewire stays asleep after wake but the drives are still listed, however they are unresponsive. When i have my firewire drive plugged in is causes disk utility to crash as well. Finder is also a little buggy if i have the drive plugged in after wake.

I have looked around for a solution and it seems the general consensus is it's a problem with the VIA chipset in the mobo. So it looks like my choices are: don't use firewire, don't go to sleep, or buy a PCI Firewire card (TI Chipsets work best as they are used by apple). So at this point I think I'm going to buy this card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124107

It would be great to know if anybody has another solution so i could save that slot on my mobo.

Firewire issues are common. Discreet and a bunch of others have found errors listed in the console after wake (GUID not valid or something like that). The only solution I know is to purchase a card. I would purchase a card with an additional internal header so you can send it to your front ports as well. Somebody posted about success with this card:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002S53IG8

OWC carries a more expensive card with an internal header that might be better made and all-around more compatible:
http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Aaxeon/FWB68300/

Somebody with firewire problems on a real mac said that they were due to spotlight not fully indexing the drives. So, you might want to erase those drives from spotlight and re-index them. Your finder problems might be related to spotlight only partially indexing them in the past. Or, you can remove them from spotlight altogether and see if that helps.

I'm the process of finishing a build with this board, and like many am looking for a firewire solution.

I just wanted to mention that as I was researching the Syba SD-PEX30009 card mentioned above, I found a few reviews that pointed out that using the internal header will disable the external ports on the card. That is a deal killer for me, maybe not for others, but I thought I would mention it here.

I'm still looking for confirmation that the Aaxeon linked to will support the external ports while the internal ones are being used.

vandamja said:
I'm the process of finishing a build with this board, and like many am looking for a firewire solution.

I just wanted to mention that as I was researching the Syba SD-PEX30009 card mentioned above, I found a few reviews that pointed out that using the internal header will disable the external ports on the card. That is a deal killer for me, maybe not for others, but I thought I would mention it here.

I'm still looking for confirmation that the Aaxeon linked to will support the external ports while the internal ones are being used.

Damn! Thanks for the heads up. Good thing I haven't purchased a card yet. I too am looking to have front ports working with back ports. Doesn't the Aaxeon state that the internal header is shared with the external 1394a port? I'm okay with them sharing the bandwidth, but I wouldn't want one to disable the other. Let me know what you find out, and post back here with the card you end up purchasing.

Hi,

I have the Z68XP-UD3P motherboard and have just built my system, but not installed OSX yet. I will be dual booting with Windows 7 on a seperate drive.
Are the MultiBeast settings on the first post still correct? Do I need to do anything else? What BIOS options do I need to change to get everything working?

Thanks

I ended up buying a the Lacie 400 firewire card because I only need the 1394a ports. I did not really need the 1394b, so i figured i would save myself a couple of dollars (payed 13 USD vs 28 for the syba). It also does not hurt that its from Lacie a name I'm familiar with.

As I am looking it up to show you I'm getting a little nervous because on the Lacie site there is a picture of the card with a VIA chipset.
http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?id=10049
The retailer that i bought from clearly said it was a TI chipset. In fact it was one of the main selling points.
http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/sho ... =244364968
So i really don't think, well at least hope i don't have a problem. I will let you know the deal when i get the card. Fingers Crossed.

GattMan said:
Hi,

I have the Z68XP-UD3P motherboard and have just built my system, but not installed OSX yet. I will be dual booting with Windows 7 on a seperate drive.
Are the MultiBeast settings on the first post still correct? Do I need to do anything else? What BIOS options do I need to change to get everything working?

Thanks

The front page MultiBeast settings are good. But, instead of the audio setting, I would go with Toleda's new AppleHDA driver linked to on the front page the other day.

As for Bios settings, set your SATA ports to AHCI, and set HPET Mode to 64-bit. I started with the recommendations here: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html

Follow that guide if you need any assistance, and this guide for a UniBeast install, which is a breeze with this Motherboard: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/unibeast-install-mac-os-x-lion-using.html

The other bios settings are specific to your hardware and what you want to do. I turned my XMP profile to "Profile 1" to get my RAM working at 1600 speed. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back