Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
discreetlogic said:
@titsmgee

Use the realtek driver in multibeast and not the lnx2mac one.

In multibeast, if you select the lnx2mac driver it tells you the exact details on what the kext is called. (Not 100% sure what the kext is called, at work right now)

So I'd delete it, install the realtek driver and add darkwake=0 to your boot.plist.

Voila, done :)
Thanks logic for the response.

I didn't get any network connections at first using the lnx2mac so i switched to the realtek driver for that reason. Even with that i could not get it to wake from sleep properly (everything but the wired apple keyboard function). Funny that you had the exact same problem with the same mobo and keyboard.

Right as i was starting to get frustrated i plugged my keyboard into my apple cinema display and it started to work. I tried it with another USB hub and it worked as well, plugged it back into my PC and no go. Very strange, but more than acceptable because i was planning on using it like that the whole time.

-TM

I tried out Toledo's new AppleHDA patched audio driver posted on the front page, and it definitely seems like an improvement. My front mic port now works! Furthermore, with the old kext, I would hear some crackle/hiss whenever I raised or lowered the volume pots on my speakers. Now, I don't hear anything. I have no idea how a driver could have fixed that issue. Is it somehow attenuating those frequencies? If so, I should hear a difference in overall sound quality. But, it's hard to do an A/B test of the difference in sound quality between the old and new kexts. I'll try to listen for any weirdness over the next couple of days, especially an attenuation in the higher frequencies. If you try out the kext, let me know what you think.

Also, has anyone gotten HDMI to work out of a 6870 card with this board? I have an XFX 6870 dual fan. I've started reading the guides, but I'm not really sure where to start. Do I need to do a DSDT edit and a kext edit?

Also, has anyone gotten HDMI to work out of a 6870 card with this board?

From what I've been researching so far, hdmi audio is 50% a dsdt mod, and 50% a kext mod (depending on the videocard obviously)

Check the hdmi audio stuff for the 6870 and we'll see :thumbup:

That being said, let's see what this new applehda can do, sounds promising!

I'll try to look into the HDMI this weekend. Hopefully, we can post two DSDTs. One for enabling discreet GPUs and one for enabling onboard GPUs. That would only leave the kext edits, which seem more specific to individual cards.

discreetlogic said:

I just installed Toleda's 889 driver and I would have to say it's with out a doubt the way to go. I was having a little problem with my input audio that this kext resolved. Definitely recommended.

A huge time saver if you do plan on setting up HDMI audio as well.

titsmgee said:
discreetlogic said:

I just installed Toleda's 889 driver and I would have to say it's with out a doubt the way to go. I was having a little problem with my input audio that this kext resolved. Definitely recommended.

A huge time saver if you do plan on setting up HDMI audio as well.

@titsmgee, do you have HDMI audio set up? Could you point me in the right direction? What do you mean by "time saver" with the new kext? I'm assuming you mean that it is optimized to run from an edited DSDT. However, I was under the impression that the DSDTs from the database have already been edited for HDMI. Therefore, mine should just show up. It doesn't, so I know I'm wrong. So, then, what's the next step?

@discreet, I haven't heard of anyone activating both HDMIs. Could it be as simple as adding both the 889 and 389 layout-ids to the same DSDT and using the new kext? Why not use the discreet HDMI? Does your card not have one?

@tomhukk
You still need to make one minor edit to the DSDT if you plan on using the HD3000 HDMI audio. I don't have it setup because I'm using Radeon 6850 HD for my graphics.
edit dsdt.aml/HDEF/layout_id to 0x85 0x01 0x00 0x00

I said its a huge time saver because if you look Toleda's previous method it is so long he has it separated into more than one thread. LOL

I solved the boot restart loop problem.
It reboots after a shutdown or sleep command.
It is an wrong setting in the bios after I did some overclocking.

Real-Time Ratio Changes in OS
(Note)
Enabled allows you to make real-time changes to the CPU clock ratio in your operating system. The
Intel Turbo Boost technology and associated items below will become unavailable. Set this item to Disabled if you want to manually configure CPU Turbo ratios in BIOS setup. (Default: Disabled)

I ENABLED this and the reboot after sleep or shutdown is solved.

BIOS F6

Cheers.

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back