Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you using the Nvidia Web Drivers with your old card?
Did you remove them and any boot arguments before installing the AMD card?

The RX580 should work with just WhateverGreen.kext being injected. No need for any boot arguments or other 'fixes'.

Assuming you are running Sierra 10.12 or newer.

There was no signal from the card at all. I put my old card back in and re-flashed the bios and it worked. When i'm next off work i'll look into opencore.

Thanks

Update 0.6.6

I've skipped sharing the last few opencore point releases because of some stability issues. Turns out if I don't overclock the snot out of my 10 year old computer, it works fine, and it's hard to tell the difference anyways.

In the process of trying to fix this, I revisited the whole opencore configuration.

- Update the acpi folder
- Re-enabled the OpenCanopy gui boot loader
- Made booting in Windows native, and not a MacPro (protecting my windows license key) all thanks to @miliuco 's suggestion here
- Redo the USB mapping from scratch using CorpNewt's usbmap and hackintool. (By no means an expert here and any better idea is welcome)

The usb mapping was by far the most tedious, I tried jotting it down as suggested in multiple guides, but also labelled the ports in the kext as well as you can see in the hackintool screenshot.

Note: You have to download the contents of the EFI/OC/Resources folder from https://github.com/acidanthera/OcBinaryData

update : I packaged a new version, was missing a commit in acpi
View attachment 510355

View attachment 510357
Hi, thanks for all your help so far. I've got opencore to boot using one of your older configs, but this one fails and when I open it in opencore configurator its just blank, any suggestions?
Update 0.6.6

I've skipped sharing the last few opencore point releases because of some stability issues. Turns out if I don't overclock the snot out of my 10 year old computer, it works fine, and it's hard to tell the difference anyways.

In the process of trying to fix this, I revisited the whole opencore configuration.

- Update the acpi folder
- Re-enabled the OpenCanopy gui boot loader
- Made booting in Windows native, and not a MacPro (protecting my windows license key) all thanks to @miliuco 's suggestion here
- Redo the USB mapping from scratch using CorpNewt's usbmap and hackintool. (By no means an expert here and any better idea is welcome)

The usb mapping was by far the most tedious, I tried jotting it down as suggested in multiple guides, but also labelled the ports in the kext as well as you can see in the hackintool screenshot.

Note: You have to download the contents of the EFI/OC/Resources folder from https://github.com/acidanthera/OcBinaryData

update : I packaged a new version, was missing a commit in acpi
View attachment 510355

View attachment 510357
Hi, thanks for all your help so far. I've got opencore to boot using one of your older configs, but this one fails and when I open it in opencore configurator its blank, any suggestions?
Thanks

Hi, thanks for all your help so far. I've got opencore to boot using one of your older configs, but this one fails and when I open it in opencore configurator its just blank, any suggestions?

Hi, thanks for all your help so far. I've got opencore to boot using one of your older configs, but this one fails and when I open it in opencore configurator its blank, any suggestions?
Thanks
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

A bit of sad news

I pulled the trigger on a Mac Mini M2 Pro and have since retired the z68 after all these years.

I kept updating the hackintosh, and OpenCore really made it very good until Ventura.

The fact that Ventura was impossible to run on the 2600K meant that it was time to make a move at some point, and now way was I going to by a gen1 Mac product like the M1. M1 turned out to be better than I expected, but still, held out because there was no rush, worked flawless, even for work from home stuff.

I really hung on in there as much as I could be cause the machine worked really well, and still does. But for a main system, I'm really enjoying the Mini M2 Pro.

All the Mac stuff works, and I'll enjoy no bricking my system for fun anymore.

If anyone's interested, I have a working EFI up to 0.8.8 I could share.

A bit of sad news

I pulled the trigger on a Mac Mini M2 Pro and have since retired the z68 after all these years.

I kept updating the hackintosh, and OpenCore really made it very good until Ventura.

The fact that Ventura was impossible to run on the 2600K meant that it was time to make a move at some point, and now way was I going to by a gen1 Mac product like the M1. M1 turned out to be better than I expected, but still, held out because there was no rush, worked flawless, even for work from home stuff.

I really hung on in there as much as I could be cause the machine worked really well, and still does. But for a main system, I'm really enjoying the Mini M2 Pro.

Yes, I'd be grateful if you would share your final EFI.
Thanks for all the info over the years, it really helped me keep my system running smooth.

A bit of sad news

I would be interested in a copy of your EFi if possible. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back