Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, how did you get the RX-580 to work?
Did absolutely nothing, it's out of the box :rolleyes:

Difference here is that you're using two cards, and a mix on nvidia/amd ? That's courageous.

I don't have the MSI version, but the Sapphire nitro. Is it ok if it's the only card inserted ?

Hard to recommend anything for your setup honestly, this is the kind of hackintosh challenge that you kinda have to put in the debug time on your end.

From my experience, it's worth trying out other ports on the video cards, change things up by a process of elimination.

I mistakenly posted wrong OS version. I am updating to 10.14.6 from 10.14.3. I found a post referring to enabling the IGPU so I am playing around with that. Also taking care to revisit the BIOS settings to make sure they are good. I know about living dangerously with NVidia and AMD.... My Origin HTPC case has a VGA LCD display built in the front (quite sexy) so I retained the GT730 for its VGA output. Currently, its the only way I can see if things are booting correctly to the desktop. The RX 580 HDMI ports cause an instant lockup, the DVI is pink, the DP ports boot to black after post and apple logo but the GT730 output at least lets me get to the login.

Update 0.6.6

I've skipped sharing the last few opencore point releases because of some stability issues. Turns out if I don't overclock the snot out of my 10 year old computer, it works fine, and it's hard to tell the difference anyways.

In the process of trying to fix this, I revisited the whole opencore configuration.

- Update the acpi folder
- Re-enabled the OpenCanopy gui boot loader
- Made booting in Windows native, and not a MacPro (protecting my windows license key) all thanks to @miliuco 's suggestion here
- Redo the USB mapping from scratch using CorpNewt's usbmap and hackintool. (By no means an expert here and any better idea is welcome)

The usb mapping was by far the most tedious, I tried jotting it down as suggested in multiple guides, but also labelled the ports in the kext as well as you can see in the hackintool screenshot.

Note: You have to download the contents of the EFI/OC/Resources folder from https://github.com/acidanthera/OcBinaryData

update : I packaged a new version, was missing a commit in acpi
backpanel.jpg

1614141729389.png

Attachments

• opencore_0.6.6_GA-Z68XP-UD3P_v02.zip
    21.5 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Hello, I'm starting a clean install of Catalina on GA-Z68XP-UD3P. I would appreciate it if someone here could point me in the right direction before I mess everything up. What are the best multibeast settings to begin with?

I'm starting a clean install of Catalina
Your GTX 950 and HD3000 graphics have no native support in Catalina. First thing to address before attempting a Catalina install.

Hello, I'm starting a clean install of Catalina on GA-Z68XP-UD3P. I would appreciate it if someone here could point me in the right direction before I mess everything up. What are the best multibeast settings to begin with?

Have you considered using OpenCore? Clover is still solid, however, with an older mobo, you might have more control using OpenCore for the install. I have a system with this mobo that still runs on Clover.

Have you considered using OpenCore? Clover is still solid, however, with an older mobo, you might have more control using OpenCore for the install. I have a system with this mobo that still runs on Clover.
I will look into opencore. Seems like I have some reading to do before I come back. Thanks

I will look into opencore. Seems like I have some reading to do before I come back. Thanks

Not sure if you have found this guide for opencore, but this is the guide I used on my current build.

Hi, thanks to your help I've been running this board well for quite a few years now. The time has come that I needed to upgrade to a newer OS and so purchased a RX580 to replace my aging Asus Geforce 210 Silent 512MB. The problem is that after installing it im getting no output from the gpu. I tried it on another board and it works fine so the problem must be related to this board. I'm going to try downgrading the bios to see if that changes anything.
Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back