Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
acidan said:
Whats the difference between this board and GA-Z68XP-UD3 (which is reccomended for the customac pro build)?

The only difference is the lack of the mSATA on this board, and that would never comprise the boards stability.

I've got to the point where I dont know what else I can do. I Need to get this USB problem fixed otherwise the system is useless to me.

This is a Rev.1 Board, maybe gigabyte fixed a few things with the later revisions?

Im worried that I could have the same problems even if I get a new gigabyte board.

mmmmmm. what to do?

@acidan

Quick question,

Is your applertc.kext patched?

For usb, can you try the front ports, or pluggnig your stuff in a usb hub.

There's a dsdt fix in the works for usb over here at tonymac, it's a z68 issue.

Hi discreetlogic

thanks for getting back to me on this one.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I was under the impression that applertc.kext was patched automatically by multibeast, along with FakeSMC.kext when the user DSDT option is selected.

The applertc.kext is patched to prevent cmos resets isn't it?
Just for the record, I have not had any issues with boot loops, or lost bios settings.

The front USB ports behave exactly the same as the rear ports. They recognise storage devices fine but im still having problems with a dongle and a synthesizer.

I dont have a USB hub to test, sorry.

There's a dsdt fix in the works for usb over here at tonymac, it's a z68 issue.

So this is a common problem with all z68 boards?
I guess that buying any other z68 at the moment would be completely pointless?

Correct me if I'm wrong. I was under the impression that applertc.kext was patched automatically by multibeast, along with FakeSMC.kext when the user DSDT option is selected.

The applertc.kext is patched to prevent cmos resets isn't it?
Just for the record, I have not had any issues with boot loops, or lost bios settings.

Yep, but had to make sure. We tweak and experiment a lot. :thumbup:

I guess that buying any other z68 at the moment would be completely pointless?

Probably. :thumbdown:

Maybe your dongle problems are also present in real macs on Lion, have you explored this possibility?

Hello everyone,
are new to the forum, I am creating my new hack, first to buy the components I read and post links to not make a bad investment.
I also I have a "GA Z68XP-UD3P", I installed Snow Leopard 10.6.8 , I followed all the installation process http://tonymacx86.blogspot.it/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html, I built the CostumBeats to install the drivers.
I have the following problems:
The boot does not work, only the iBoot
the system only with the "-v GraphicsEnabler = NO"
The audio does not work
and when I insert a USB stick on sestema goes into panic (as you can see in the picture)
How can I fix this?

Attachments

• IMG_0373.JPG
    IMG_0373.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 162
@musiclogic8
I am not too familiar with the Snow Leopard on the Sandy Bridge processors. I know that it works much better with Lion. If you want to do that.

I would not use Custom Beast. I would use Multibeast instead, with the options that discrete uses in the first post.
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/02/ ... ation.html

For audio make sure you used a DSDT from here:
dsdt
and use Toleda's AppleHDA.kext, which there is a link to in the first post as well.

The DSDT and mutibeast I'm sure will resolve your USB and booting problems.

titsmgee said:
@musiclogic8
I am not too familiar with the Snow Leopard on the Sandy Bridge processors. I know that it works much better with Lion. If you want to do that.

I would not use Custom Beast. I would use Multibeast instead, with the options that discrete uses in the first post.
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/02/ ... ation.html

For audio make sure you used a DSDT from here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt
and use Toleda's AppleHDA.kext, which there is a link to in the first post as well.

The DSDT and mutibeast I'm sure will resolve your USB and booting problems.
Hello
I installed "Lion 10.7" and I upgraded to "10.7.3"
I installed the audio and other drivers, but I can not install the boot, the lion always UniBeast.
I also installed 1.8 chimera
UniBeast but without the boot does not start
why?

Make sure that in your BIOS you have the HDD w/ chimera installed set to number 1 in your boot order.

If chimera did not install you could try the standalone installer.
C:Dq-OCPpT/Chimera-1.8.0.zip

Hey guys!

No love from this z68xp-ud3p F6 for me. I think its the onboard VGA thats killin' it.

Hardware
Z68xp-UD3p
32GB G Skill 1600 DDR3 Ram
PCIe mini to PCIe adapter and official Apple Airport
SIIG 3 port FW 800 card
(eventually) 2 x PCI RME HDSPe Cards

My steps.
Unibeast 10.7.0 install
Reboot using unibeast
Install combo update 10.7.3
Run Multibeast 4.3.1 using the options selected on page 1 (minus NVidia plugin)

At this point I cannot get back into Lion.
I get stuck at macx_swapon success.

I've tried re-installing with system definitions as iMac 12.2 and Mac Pro 3.1 with same results.

In safe mode (-x) I also get stuck at macx_swapon success.

I'm running out of ideas :( Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back