Contribute
Register

GA-Z68X - wake from sleep-USB Issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the USB devices not ejected properly weirdness should also be a priority .... not just the dead keyboard and mouse.

Looking forward to this new DSDT! Hope this fixes the unsafe eject of USB drives.

Do you guys think the same sleep issue could affect the P67 asus sabertooth? I haven't been able to get sleep working since i updated to 10.7.3 :thumbdown:

powerpcg5 said:
I think the USB devices not ejected properly weirdness should also be a priority .... not just the dead keyboard and mouse.

Looking forward to this new DSDT! Hope this fixes the unsafe eject of USB drives.

I've only experienced that phenomenon once, and that was with a thumb drive. The external drive I use for backup is connected via eSata and doesn't experience the problem. I do think that once the wake behavior of the Z68 USB chipset is fixed (presumably through USB), it'll solve solve many problems. Sporadically when I wake from sleep, I get only a black screen with a beachball or pointer. I've looked at the console logs and it appears to be USB/Bluetooth related, even though my BT dongle is 100% Mac compatible.

Hope this all gets sorted out soon.

dksparky said:
Do you guys think the same sleep issue could affect the P67 asus sabertooth? I haven't been able to get sleep working since i updated to 10.7.3 :thumbdown:

Really hard to say. Different manufacturer and different chipset. Are you experiencing USB problems like we are (keyboard needs to be unplugged and replugged in after sleep)? Did you ever have to use a sleep enabler for your build?

tamorgen said:
Really hard to say. Different manufacturer and different chipset. Are you experiencing USB problems like we are (keyboard needs to be unplugged and replugged in after sleep)? Did you ever have to use a sleep enabler for your build?

Never used sleep enabler, i had no problem getting my system to sleep before 10.7.3.
Now when i press sleep, it goes to sleep (fans stop etc.) it wakes up and my mouse and keyboard (USB) is not working no matter what ports i try.

Just seemed like the same problem you guys had.

dksparky said:
tamorgen said:

Never used sleep enabler, i had no problem getting my system to sleep before 10.7.3.
Now when i press sleep, it goes to sleep (fans stop etc.) it wakes up and my mouse and keyboard (USB) is not working no matter what ports i try.

Most likely not the same issue, as this effects all z68 boards, but even on previous versions of lion. Doesn't hurt to keep an eye on it though.

hello, i have the same problems with usb. But i also have problems with pci after sleep. The problem is, that all my pci cards (Wifi (Asus WL-138g) or Ethernet (TP-Link TG-3269)) after sleep stay offline :x . Only a reboot let work both cards again. This means, that there are exist a general problem with pci and sleep on Z68 Gigabyte boards. I use this both cards without problems on P45- and P55 boards.

philz said:
dksparky said:
tamorgen said:

Most likely not the same issue, as this effects all z68 boards, but even on previous versions of lion. Doesn't hurt to keep an eye on it though.

Just a FYI: I get the same usb disconnect and usb not waking issues on the gigabyte H61m mobo. I posted a dsdt edit as a first attempt from something I saw on another site to get the usb devices to wake up (just with a 15sec delay although solvable by removing the bluetooth dongle). Note this does not solve the usb drive disconnect issues people see. Just have not had anytime to further look into solution.

While you have a ASUS mobo and different chipset the chipsets would all most likely based on and/or designed by intel in the first place as well as ACPI being a standard. So would not surprise me if this issue seen on other manufactures mobo's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back