Graphics
ATI 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Is there any fix for the wake from sleep issue?
All my USB devices are no longer recognized after wake from sleep. I have to replug my Apple Aluminum wired Keyboard and all my other usb devices to work correctly after sleep.
Do all the Gigabyte GA-Z68X Boards have this issue with USB after sleep?

Now I am on F10a Bios and modded DSDT.aml but I had the same issues with older Bios versions...

I appreciate your help!

Thanks and best regards
LEN

Re: GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 - wake from sleep-USB Devices Issues!

LEN said:
Is there any fix for the wake from sleep issue?
All my USB devices are no longer recognized after wake from sleep. I have to replug my Apple Aluminum wired Keyboard and all my other usb devices to work correctly after sleep.
Do all the Gigabyte GA-Z68X Boards have this issue with USB after sleep?

Now I am on F10a Bios and modded DSDT.aml but I had the same issues with older Bios versions...

I appreciate your help!

Thanks and best regards
LEN
i have the same problem, and im running on F8 bios, oh and BTW, can you please upload the f10a bios? i want to try, or if you can upload a F9, that would be good too, because the F9 is official release. THX! :headbang:

Same issues here on GA-Z68AP-D3 Rev1 BIOS F4. So far I have tried:

1. • Plugging devices into a self powered USB hub
  • • Plugging devices into a PCI USB 2.0 card[/list:eek::10qliee4]
    • • Using the Using the on/off charge enabled USB ports[/list:eek::10qliee4]

None of those worked. The weird thing is that on wake I can plug a wired Mighty Mouse into the USB ports on the Apple keyboard and that will work even though the keyboard isn't working, so something is getting through. Everything else works perfectly. Getting sleep working properly would be a nice finishing touch, but with the way Lion saves states between reboots it isn't as much of an issue as it would have been on 10.6.x.

Is there any chance to get a Sandy Bridge Z68X MB with 100% sleep?

I have the same problem. Sometimes, if I eventually wait long enough, everything will come back on.... except for my USB Wireless-N adapter. Which is a deal breaker for me because even if I unplug it and plug it back in a bunch of times, it will not show up.

I believe this is common across all the Z68 boards - and I believe Tony and Macman are on the case from a post I saw elsewhere on the board, can't remember where exactly or I would point you at it!

I experience the issue if I use Apple Aluminium USB KB and Mighty Mouse. My machine as per sig Z68X-UD3H-B3...

I have an Apple bluetooth module on my machine and Apple wireless module so am less affected as the Wireless KB, Magic Mouse and Trackpad will all wake it from sleep successfully albeit with a slight delay in recognition after wake.

Just figured I'd throw a "me too" on the fire here... I have the Apple full aluminum USB keyboard with a Logitech MX510 plugged into it, F10 BIOS (rest of my specs are in my profile) and neither my mouse or keyboard work when resuming from sleep (no light under the mouse, even).

In addition, I get a "The disk was not properly ejected" warning when resuming from sleep, because of my external USB HD.

I've tried using different ports to no avail. Definitely interested in hearing about a fix!

Thanks!

Edit:
I just realized this is limited to the Apple keyboard! If I plug my Logitech mouse directly into a USB port, it works just fine when resuming from sleep... the Apple keyboard does not. :( Hope this helps contribute to a fix!

Did someone tried this experiment with wireless keyboard such Logitech/MS with their wireless dongle sticked into USB?

Maybe I can help. I have a 100% working Z86X-UD4, sleep, wake up, USB and Firewire works before and after sleep.

Some notes:

1. Don't use the internal Gigabyte FW port. This firewire port doesn't wake up after sleep. If you use the Gigabyte FW port, you get the unknown GUID error after waking up. Instead buy a Firewire PCIe card. 100% work. See my sig.

2. I'm using a wireless Logitech keyboard and wireless Microsoft mouse. I can wake up the computer by a click of the mouse, or tap on the keyboard. Use darkwake=0 to make the monitor wake up instantly... otherwise, it takes a few seconds.

When I wake up the computer, the mouse pointer doesn't appear immediately on screen... maybe 3-4 seconds delay before it shows up.

3. Sleep via the power button and Menu works. But automatic sleep wasn't working for me... I *think* because I'm running Crashplan online backup and it's always doing some backup behind the scenes to the cloud and to an external USB hard drive. You can use a program like "PleaseSleep" so it forces the computer to sleep *automatically*.

USB devices connected to my PC
1. Logitech keyboard
2. Microsoft Mouse
3. Zebra LP2844 Thermal Printer
4. Roland UM-880 midi 8x8 controller
5. APC UPS
6. Viking Card Reader
7. Western Digital 2TB drive
8. Bluetooth
9. iPhone

Firewire devices connected:
1. MOTU 828mk2