Contribute
Register

GA-Z68X - wake from sleep-USB Issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
timbck2 said:
Stork said:
Nope. Check my build description for Zorro. I've kept it current. I am using HD 3000 instead of a graphics card, but I don't think that makes a difference. I also use FW instead of USB for external HDDs and my recording interface.

Well, Zorro is using a different motherboard than mine. But they're both Gigabyte Z68 based, so I doubt that's the difference.

Edit: I just thought of something...my smbios definition is MacPro3,1 - should I try changing it to something else (such as Macmini5,1), or will that bring me a world of hurt?

I doubt it'll fix your issues, but try iMac12,1. I found it to be the best performance when I first got my Z68 board. I tried ~8 or so definitions that were compatible :) MacPro3,1 was the worst, though it does offer the most compatibility.

What wifi are you using? I know on an eeepc i once had it was the source of a sleepless mac.

timbck2 said:
philz said:
I doubt it'll fix your issues, but try iMac12,1. I found it to be the best performance when I first got my Z68 board. I tried ~8 or so definitions that were compatible :) MacPro3,1 was the worst, though it does offer the most compatibility.

What wifi are you using? I know on an eeepc i once had it was the source of a sleepless mac.

I remember reading somewhere that you run the risk of making your system unbootable if you change the smbios definition. I definitely don't want to do that. However, this thread has numerous references to people using a Macmini definition for the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard.

I'm using a Broadcom BCM94322MC Mini-PCIe card on a no-name PCIe adapter - works great OOB. It is recognized in System Info as a 3rd party card, however (this one was less than $20, the Apple-branded ones I could find were over $60).

Sounds like your wifi is fine, thats the same chip afterall in Apples. You do run the risk of an unbootable system but (when I did this) rboot would boot it back up, and then you just swap to the next one. I don't belive unibeast works in this fashion though. Macmini should work, and I don't see why iMac12,1 wouldn't either. (don't shoot me if it doesn't ;) )

Hello Stork what happened to the updated DSDT? Anyone? Sleep issues here too ...

raggafury said:
Hello Stork what happened to the updated DSDT? Anyone? Sleep issues here too ...
Sleep "fix" was incorporated into all DSDTs, after last update. But that "fix" doesn't really work, for me USB disks still get ejected improperly.

+1 MozeQQ. Check out tonymacx86's blog post on the subject.

BTW, see the Forum's Deal of the Day. Amazon has the GA-Z68X-UD3H on sale to the end of June for $99.99 USD AR!
viewtopic.php?f=221&t=65923

Thanks Stork! Well I have found that resuming/wake by using the mouse does not disable the keyboard. Mouse is then unresponsive for a few seconds as others have noted.
Although I'd like this to be fixed it's really no big deal. Congrats Tonymac & MacMan!

raggafury,
We've done the best that can be done with the Z68 sleep/wake-up. Even my Mac's take a second or two to wake-up.

Over the years, I've gotten use to just hitting the space bar on the KB as I sit down at my desk to wake-up a system. Then, either take a slip of coffee (or whatever) and begin my session.

I only use sleep for two reasons:

• First, if I'm gonna eat lunch, dinner, bathroom break (etc.) or we have company come over for a short visit, and I want to continue my session later; or

Second, scheduled sleep/wake-up on my HacHTPC (see link below for more info).

Otherwise, I shut down the system(s) to kept the electric bill sane. :thumbup:

Hey guys I just did something, and this is crazy, but here's what i did, so try it, maybe?... :D

Ok enough of stupid song jokes. I recently started feeling that my computer is running slow, after some research I found that CPU is always running @ 1600mhz. I googled and found that it is a problem with new power management in 10.7.4 and that I need to use SSDT.

So, I installed SSDT from MultiBeast, and bam speedstep together with sleep is working. Keyboard is responsive immediately after waking up.

I also edited my boot.plist a bit, here it is:
Code:
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1680x1050x32</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Quiet Boot</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Theme</key>
	<string>Apple Default</string>
    <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

So try it, it might help some of you guys, too.

Well, you're a little late to the party :lol: but, you are correct.

All i5/i7-2000 series processors need the i5/i7 SSDTs for Lion 10.7.4. Hopefully, this requirement will go away in 10.7.5 and/or Mountain Lion. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back