Contribute
Register

GA-Z68X - wake from sleep-USB Issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork said:
We're getting closer to a solution. Need testers. Now is your change to help.

Sandy Bridge USB Wake From Sleep DSDT Fix - Testers Needed

MacMan has been putting a lot of work into this. The fix is still BETA and not ready for everyone. Some people's issues have reportedly been solved, and others not. I haven't tried the latest BETA, but I will likely this weekend. I'm just too busy this week to deal with a system that may or may not work.

FWIW :

I've edited my dsdt that is not in the first batch of motherboard, mine's a z68xp-ud3p

and I can report that this is definately on the right track! :thumbup:

Usb is now really fast and way more reliable, the edit doesn't mess up usb3 either.

Now, it's Ethernet that takes a while to get going.

How far we've come :)

My wacom intuos 4 seems usable at startup 100% and not "mouseish"

Tonymac and Macman, you guys impress me more every time. You should be proud of what you are accomplishing. :headbang:

Stork said:
We're getting closer to a solution. Need testers. Now is your chance to help.

Sandy Bridge USB Wake From Sleep DSDT Fix - Testers Needed

Awesome! I'm using the ZXP-UD3 F8 DST... Waking from sleep using the keyboard, power button, or mouse button seems to work great! I am able to use my Apple aluminum USB keyboard right away. Also using a Logitech MX510 USB mouse.

2 small issues remain:

1) I'm still seeing the "disk not properly ejected" error with my WD USB external HD when resuming from sleep. I bought Jettison, so it doesn't really matter to me, but would be a "nice to have" fix.

2) Like someone else noted, my internet connection is unavailable for about 6-8 seconds after resuming... I'm using the Realtek driver. Again, not a real biggie for me as I kind of expect my computer to get brought back up to speed after sleeping. (I'm not a morning person, so I can relate.) But would be nice to have it ready immediately as well.

Guys, thanks so much for giving time and attention to this!! Appreciate it.

2) Like someone else noted, my internet connection is unavailable for about 6-8 seconds after resuming... I'm using the Realtek driver. Again, not a real biggie for me as I kind of expect my computer to get brought back up to speed after sleeping. (I'm not a morning person, so I can relate.) But would be nice to have it ready immediately as well.

Same here... would be great if we figured out why.

discreetlogic said:

Because Realtek sucks :D

tamorgen said:
discreetlogic said:

Because Realtek sucks :D

Reason I don't use the lynx2mac driver is because it randomly loses internet connectivity inside my VMWare Fusion OS. (Windows XP) :( the Realtek driver has been pretty solid for me.

With the Beta DSDT, re-load Lnx2Mac's driver. Betcha it works. ;)

discreetlogic said:

I've seen this happen on my wife's MacBook Air, I don't know if it's just limited to the driver. Seems to be a common problem in Lion.

hi,
first thanks for this huge work (tonymac , macman and the beta testers).

here's is my feedback :

here the patch doesn't do the job.

and can't recover from sleep (i must press powr button or reset one), revert to old DSDT (made by the team).

Definitively LION is a big ... Sh ...t

(Lion 10.7.3 : Z68X-UDH3-B3, iC5-2500K, MSI 250 GTS 1GBOC, 16 GB, SSD M4 128GB, Presto sonnet 1Gb PCie)

see you soon , bye

Shall be keeping an eye on this.

Z68X-UD3H-B3 F10

Wake from sleep using mouse or keyboard requires me removing and re-inserting the connection, then fine.

Wake from power button press - no problem.

May just disable wake from sleep via USB in the BIOS.

Realtek 81xx kext for me as the Lnx2Mac kext resulted in a bonjour IP address (169.254...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back