Contribute
Register

GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 New EFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for testing I loaded the new bios on my Play Box... Installed ML, ran MB 4.6.1 and no DSDT is needed! All is well including sleep and speed step...

I upgraded my Bios to the U1C, deleted my DSDT.aml before upgrading the bios. I have lost sound, and i have tried to run Multi-Beast 4.6.1 as many people have, without any results of achieving sound. EVERYTHING else works flawlessly.

genzai, i have tried to use your DSDT, but i dont think i am installing it right?
I downloaded it, and placed it on my desktop and used multi-beast to install it, along with the Patched889 kext, but no sound :(
I tried to just place it directly into the /extra folder, and got a kernel panic, so i booted into windows and deleted the file, and back to OS X with no problems, just no sound.

It is not recognized in the system profiler properly btw.

Please Advise. Thanks. Step by Step instructions would be GREATLY appreciated :) THanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-08 at 6.02.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-08 at 6.02.49 PM.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 292
For coresme2 and other blessed owners of GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 with UEFI BIOS U1c

My Step to step to ML Bliss:

My Kit:
GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 Rev 1.0 UEFI U1c
i7 2600s (65W with only HD2000, not HD3000)
2x4GB DDR3 Vengeance Blue 1600 running at 1333
Asus Radeon 6670 1024Mb Fanless Graphic Card
Belkin Bluetooth dongle attached on USB hub of Dell 27" LCD
Apple wireless keyboard, trackpad and mouse
Sandisk Extreme SSD 240GB (connected to SATA3-port0)
LG BluRay Internat (connected to SATA3-port1)

prerequisite:
Ati6000controller.kext and atiframebuffer.kext by nataly1967
AppleHDA.kext (ALC889_AppleHDA_10.8_GM_V3+HDEF) by Sergey_Galan
HDAEnabler889.kext
Unibeast 1.5
Multibeast 4.6.1
Kextbeast
chimera 1.11.0

1a. Unibeast ML, downloaded from AppStore, rename/delete Ati6000controller.kext inside Unibeast USB key.

1b. Copy Install_ESD.dmg to NAS for safe keeping

2. Boots Unibeast (no boot flags required with this graphic card), goto Disk Uitlity to format OSX partition for fresh install, resume install and reboot.

Pause and review at 1st boot to Desktop to OSX SSD with unibeast:

Working: Network, Bluetooth Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse, Eject button

Not working: Graphic only detected having 3MB and running at VGA mode, audio, no bootloader yet on SSD and System Profile MacPro3,1 to be set

3. Multibeast. The current version is 4.6.1 and is not suitable for ML yet. MacMan mention he will push out 5.0.0 soon. So for now I adopted a minimal approach after making error in selecting too many settings. i.e. same selection as Lion is not suitable here for ML.

3.a DON'T check:
Easybeast
UserDSDT
System Utility
Audio
Graphic
Network
3b. ONLY check:
TRIM enable (if SSD supports)
Chimera 1.10.0
System Profile MacPro 3,1 (If you are using Intel HD3000 you need to choose MacMini)
SSDT=i7
Boot Flag: 64 bit GE=No
BootLoader theme is up to you.

4. install latest chimera 1.11.0 over 1.10.0 (why not)

5. graphic (If HD3000/4000 or other graphic card then skip to 6)
5a. rename to backup ati6000controller.kext
5b. rename to backup atiframebuffer.kext
5c. place customised ati6000controller.kext and atiframebuffer.kext on Desktop and install with kextbeast

6. audio (multibeast 4.6.1 didn't work for me)
6a. rename to back AppleHDA.kext
6.b place customised AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler889.kext on Desktop and install with kextbeast

7. Repair permission with Disk Utility

8. Reboot

Review at final stage:

Audio works (stereo output, HDMI audio not tested, front headphone socket auto detect not working but can manually choose by alt + click on volume icon on menubar)

Graphics works at full resolution of 2560x1440, QE/CL acceleration confirmed with ripple on dashboard.

Booting without unibeast usb key

Dual booting to Windows works

System profile as Mac Pro early 2008

AppStore, iTuneStore and iCloud signed in

Time Machine backup detected

NAS visible in finder

9. Restore Time Machine backup
9a. Don't choose to restore "other system files" otherwise the kexts and /Extra might get rewritten by Time Machine Restore from Lion.
9b. Install X11 for GIMP
9c. Install Java for LibreOffice

Geekbench 32bit score 10440. up from 9940 with Lion

Enjoy ML

Why do you have to choose MacMini if using HD3000? I am using that but have 3,1 selected and everything seems fine...if I do choose MacMini I get a KP...

Until a proper fix is out, where i dont have to mess around with removing kexts/renaming/installing diff kexts. Just gonna wait until multibeast 5.0 is out.

In the mean time, i found an old airport express laying around, enabled airplay and connected it to the network. sound is workout perfectly through that for now.

Mehr.

Here ye Here ye,
I finally got around to testing the method of using turbo ratio + SSDT to get overclock and all p-states with UEFI. My apologies I forget where i first read about this solution but credit goes to the wonderful individual who figured this out first (wasn't me).

the way to get overclock + all p-states is this:
- Install the overclocking SSDT.aml from multibeast (or another SSDT designed to meet your overclock)
- reboot and enter UEFI
- set default multiplier to default for your CPU. for mine its 34x (2600k) but the UEFI will be nice enough to list the default value for you.
- now adjust the multiplier for each core up to the overclock you want, EXCEPT for the last core which should be set to 1 below the others.
-- so for instance in my case i was OC to 42x so my core turbos are set to 42x 42x 42x 41x
- save and exit UEFI, boot 10.8 and run HWmonitor, SMC monitor, etc to check your real time p-state changes. You will now have full set of p-states instead of just highest and lowest ones.

The only hitch is that the top mutli it hits is that of the last core turbo so right now i am getting max 4100mhz not 4200mhz, but pretty sure i can resolve this by going back and bumping each of the turbos up one more to 43x 43x 43x 42x. I will try this next time i reboot.

g\

EDIT:
Found the original post on this for your enjoyment.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/60390-gigabyte-uefi-ssdt-dsdt-overclocking.html

Got audio working no problem, using Multibeast.

Someone suggested that i install the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler for the 889. And worked like a charm, full support. everything is recognized.

Hey Guys!

I got everything working on Lion with U1c without a DSDT :)!
I installed this attached edited AppleHDA with kextbeast, then I used Br0wnbears suggestion to install the "Non-DSDT HDAEnabler for the 889" using multibeast.
I also updated my Chimera to the latest version.

No DSDT needed anymore :)!

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 131
You should all be able to get audio working using patched appleHDA and non dsdt enabler both from multibeats. Otherwise use the dsdt i provided and just the patched appleHDA. Not sure why some of you are having so many issues with that.

In any case i had some interesting experiments RE getting my system back to full 4.2ghz OC. moving to 43x 43x 43x 42x caused the same p-state kernel panic at boot that running 42 42 42 42 does. So i had to add another entry to SSDT for the 43x state (even though this state never occurs in OS X) after that everything booted fine and i was hitting 42x max with all the normal in between states. pretty cool. Except my system starting locking up frequently. no kp, just totally frezzes/ locks up and usually within a minute or 2 of boot, so its happened fast and consistently. Looking back at the original post its mentioned gigabyte removed multi step load line calibration and that you had to adjust your vcore in order to achieve certain OC. In fact i think my system locked once even at 41x max but after hours of usage and i thought it was a fluke. but for some reason when using an SSDT and full p-states the system can become unstable even if it was working perfectly at 42x with only top and bottom p-states before.

Well the solution is simple enough. You have to adjust your voltage settings. change the vcore from "auto" to "normal". this unlocks the dynamic vcore setting below it which i put at +0.150v. It is possible you will need more or less depending on your CPU and overclock. the original poster suggested +0.200v for achieving 4.6ghz for instance. Once you have set an appropriate dynamic vcore setting and put an SSDT.aml that includes definitions for all the needed states you end up with full p-states and full overclock in OSX at 100% stability.

I am including my working SSDT for 4.2ghz overclock using the settings i mentioned (ssdt contains entries for p-states from 16 up to 43, and UEFI turbo ratios must be set to 43, 43, 43, and 42)

Cheers,
g\

Attachments

• SSDT-43x43x43x42x-4200mhz-OC.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 97
genzai,
thanks for this thread. I've tested your attached DSDT. It didn't work with Displayport audio. Then, i've made an own extract and did the required edits according to toleda's guide. It works perfect. If you compare the 2 files in DSDTse, you will see, that you 've missed several fixes.

See Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back