Contribute
Register

GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 New EFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also update my Z86MX BIOS.

After first reboot before Multibeast:

Internal drives are detected as internal, network is working and detecting NAS and Time Capsule, Graphic 3Mb memory.

Now research for multibeast options

Everything working for me without DSDT...don't need HDEF for my setup...good stuff...

Only problem is geekbench is ~4500 instead of 11,000...any ideas?

works good here, not great.

still cant get my asus gtx 550ti working with sleep (which i think that must be it).
system bootsup in 12 seconds, before it was like 30+ and just used the NON-Hda enabler as suggested before to enable sound (dont know if it worked before).

geekbench score is around 7500 now instead of 6700 before.
i3 2100 + 8gb + Asus gtx 550ti with an kingston ssd (one of the first versions).

In all, im happy with it :)

Finally it back again to full glory.

Working great here! Geekbench full speed and even better than Lion with Award BIOS. AppStore, iTune Store, iCloud, native Network with WOL, Sleep and wake with bluetooth keyboard, Graphic@2560x1440 with acceleration.

After many reinstall, trial & error attempts cycles with MB 4.6.1, which apparently is not suitable to use with ML. Until MacMan pushes out 5.0.0 I designed this final step by step plan for my build:

1. First reboot straight after fresh installation, run migration assistant to restore data from TimeCapsule on LAN. Unchecked options for Other system files so to exclude 3rd party kexts from previous built, etc.

2. Graphic. Rename to backup ATI6000.kext & framebuffer.kext. Kextbeast to install custom kexts and framebuffer.kext by nataly1967. I didn't follow his advise to use GE=Yes, ATIConfig & AtiPorts setting and instead went for GE=No. After step 6 I confirmed GL/QE acceleration.

3. Audio. Rename to backup appleHDA.kext. Kextbeast to install custom ALC889_AppleHDA_10.8_GM_V3+HDEF kext and HDAEnabler889 kext by Sergey_Galan

4. MB 4.6.1 minimal selection. Only check option for:
Trim Enabler (essential otherwise ML reports no Trim support on SSD)
GE=No
SSDT=i7
BootLoader (essential to create .plist in /extra for Chimera 1.11 standalone to install)
System Profile 3,1 (essential)
BootLoader Theme
Don't check EasyBeast, User DSDT, System Util, and anything that is not absolutely necessary

5. Install Chimera 1.11.0 over Chimera 1.10.0 from MB 4.6.1 (1.11.0 might be not necessary but why not)

6. Reboot to finish.

Geekbench score for i7 2600s in this build is 10,440 now compare to when it was 9940 with Lion. An actual improvement without OC. I think ML handle turbo better than Lion.

N.B. The graphic kext I used is for Asus ATI 6670 1024MB

N.B.2 Step 1 could have been done after Step 6 but I had experience where after MB the network couldn't detect TimeCapsule and so when ahead to do it first since the native network driver detect it and restore at 100+MB/s. Luckily after the final time the network was not messed up by MB 4.6.1.

Wishing you all with good result like this build

Enjoy hackintoshing everyone!

Working great here! Geekbench full speed and even better than Lion with Award BIOS. AppStore, iTune Store, iCloud, native Network with WOL, Sleep and wake with bluetooth keyboard, Graphic@2560x1440 with acceleration.

After many reinstall, trial & error attempts cycles with MB 4.6.1, which apparently is not suitable to use with ML. Until MacMan pushes out 5.0.0 I designed this final step by step plan for my build:

1. First reboot straight after fresh installation, run migration assistant to restore data from TimeCapsule on LAN. Unchecked options for Other system files so to exclude 3rd party kexts from previous built, etc.

2. Graphic. Rename to backup ATI6000.kext & framebuffer.kext. Kextbeast to install custom kexts and framebuffer.kext by nataly1967. I didn't follow his advise to use GE=Yes, ATIConfig & AtiPorts setting and instead went for GE=No. After step 6 I confirmed GL/QE acceleration.

3. Audio. Rename to backup appleHDA.kext. Kextbeast to install custom ALC889_AppleHDA_10.8_GM_V3+HDEF kext and HDAEnabler889 kext by Sergey_Galan

4. MB 4.6.1 minimal selection. Only check option for:
Trim Enabler (essential otherwise ML reports no Trim support on SSD)
GE=No
SSDT=i7
BootLoader (essential to create .plist in /extra for Chimera 1.11 standalone to install)
System Profile 3,1 (essential)
BootLoader Theme
Don't check EasyBeast, User DSDT, System Util, and anything that is not absolutely necessary

5. Install Chimera 1.11.0 over Chimera 1.10.0 from MB 4.6.1 (1.11.0 might be not necessary but why not)

6. Reboot to finish.

Geekbench score for i7 2600s in this build is 10,440 now compare to when it was 9940 with Lion. An actual improvement without OC. I think ML handle turbo better than Lion.

N.B. The graphic kext I used is for Asus ATI 6670 1024MB

N.B.2 Step 1 could have been done after Step 6 but I had experience where after MB the network couldn't detect TimeCapsule and so when ahead to do it first since the native network driver detect it and restore at 100+MB/s. Luckily after the final time the network was not messed up by MB 4.6.1.

Wishing you all with good result like this build

Enjoy hackintoshing everyone!

Is TRIM necessary if the drive has its own "cleanup routine"?

I think TRIM enabler in MB4.6.1 is not essential to have a bootable system. However I have tested if ML will natively enable TRIM in one of my "trial and error" cycle by not selecting TRIM in MB. It was detected "No" in System Report.

If your build is particularly challenging then it would be better leave out as many options as possible in the current version of MB.

I'm really confused here! I've created the bootable USB for mountain lion and installed it, but it won't even boot without being in "-x -v GraphicsEnabler=no" parameters. This is on BIOS U1C with what I think are the correct bios settings on the Z68MX-UD2H-B3. It seems really weird that some people can boot straight from install without using safe mode or anything, assuming we are talking about the same motherboard. I also don't have the option to select the drive I've installed ML onto as the first boot drive without an UEFI option, which then just pushes it to the Windows boot. Should I be able to boot using the EFI bios without installing a DSDT?

EDIT: Also the installer wouldn't run from the USB without the options mentioned above, not sure if this helps or hinders diagnosis. :lol:

Dear coreme2,

We are using the same motherboard and BIOS version. However we have different graphics. Some are using CPU builtin graphics which is well documented and supported natively now by OSX. Others are using discrete graphic cards. Those uses discrete graphic card usuall as real mac don't use these card but instead uses mobile versions of these GPUs. The level of compatibility varies not just by the GPU model but also the vendor of the card. Also we might have different level of enabled and disable devices in BIOS.

If you are having trouble booting to install screen or normal boot you could use the integrated graphic temporarily by setting it through BIOS then set it back to discrete afterward.

How many HDD/SDD do you have? Dual booting with windows on one drive or separate drivers? Are you using white SATA3-port0 for HDD then port1 for ODD? You can use the disk utility to format the OSX partition if not upgrading from Lion.

We don't yet have DSDT by MacMan for the new beta UEFI BIOS until they are out of beta. I don't have DSDT and its booting fine with native power management and sleep working.

Thanks for the tips, and I didn't know the bios was still in beta. I have one ssd (windows) on the native intel 6GB controller and one 2TB hd on the other 6GB intel connector. My osx ssd is connected to the 3GB intel SATA connector. This setup worked with relatively little tweaking in Lion after using multibeast with the dsdt. My graphics are a discrete AMD 4850 so I will give it a go later on after work. I've read through the guide on here about gigabyte z77 uefi bios config but are there any settings for this board which absolutely must be set right in bios to boot which are not optimised defaults or related to boot order?&

Thanks again,
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back