Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello z68MX users,
I have updated to the EFI BIOS. Currently U1C.

Though the masters like macman have hinted they may eventually release fully edited DSDTs for the new Gigabyte EFI BIOS once they are in wider use, I wanted to start a thread that can help us early adopters get as much working as possible.

My first entry is that i have added back the proper HDEF code to get onboard audio working with the EFI Bios.

Please report your issues and solutions to running the EFI Bios on Z68MX in this thread.
Other than the needed HDEF additions, everything else seems to work well. Boot time is much reduced.

So far i can't get my overclock working (i had 4.2ghz pre EFI) as i get KP on boot if i modify the turbo ratios. My system also wakes from sleep on its own accord very soon after going to sleep. I suspect one of my peripherals is the culprit of this though and i will be doing more testing on both fronts.

Cheers,
g\

Here is the unmodified DSDT extract for U1C:
EFI-U1C Original dsdt.dsl
And here is the U1C DSDT with HDEF properly defined:
dsdt.aml

Attachments

• EFI-U1C Original dsdt.dsl
    357.3 KB · Views: 369
  • dsdt.aml
    41.1 KB · Views: 456
So I tried out your DSDT and I still don't get working sound. Can I just place the DSDT in /Extras/ or do I have to install it with Multibeast? Are you using the patched AppleHDA?

Sleep seems to be working fine for me though. I only did a short quick test but it seemed to work fine. I woke with my apple USB keyboard and it stayed responsive after the wake which it didn't before I updated to UEFI.

randycatanach said:
So I tried out your DSDT and I still don't get working sound. Can I just place the DSDT in /Extras/ or do I have to install it with Multibeast? Are you using the patched AppleHDA?

You need to use the patched AppleHDA kext. Same as pre EFI.
g\

genzai said:
You need to use the patched AppleHDA kext. Same as pre EFI.
g\

Sweet got it working. I was using a patched AppleHDA kext from the newest multibeast which is for 10.7.4. I'm still on 10.7.3.

Thanks for the help! :thumbup:

Did u also implement the HDMI audio edits? I might hold of until I/we know how to do that as it doesn't seem like the HDMI Audio guide is interchangeable with this DSDT.

Thanks for posting your DSDT.aml. While I realize this is a Z68MX thread, I just wanted to thank you as I used you DSDT edits as a guide for editing the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 DSDT. There's still a number of warnings and clean-up I need to do on it before I post it for everyone, but I was able to at least get the audio working with the patched HDA (and nothing else.)

And I agree with you, the fast boot-up time is great!

thanks for this thread

will definitely use this as a resource when i get time to update.

Thx for the insight, genzai.

I just tried your edited DSDT in ML, everything works. Except (hah):

-Sleep: It goes to sleep perfectly but the screen doesnt come back on
-Ethernet: Without your DSDT it worked, now it doesn't anymore..
-Audio: Front Port doesnt work.. in System Profiler everything is recognized but I cant select Headphones etc..
//EDIT: HDMI-audio doesnt work too, it seems

Do you have any ideas? =)

THX!

Thanks genzai !

just updated my Z68MX rev 1.3 with the UEFI version U1c and used your DSDT.
So far so good, everything seems to be working as it was.
It even feels a little more responsive with UEFI.
I don't use sleep mode on my hackintoshes so i can't speak to that point.

however, i have been having major issues keeping any of my hackintoshes up and running for long periods of time (days-weeks time frame) with out them going haywire and needing a forced reboot. I'm hopeful these issues might fade away with UEFI. I'll keep you all posted.

thanks again,
oko .

genzai,
I don't' have the exact same board, but my GA-Z68XP-UD3 also now has a UEFI BIOS released (I believe it's U1G). I thought the whole point of usinga UEFI BIOS was so you don't have to use a DSDT. But you are talking about DSDT editing.... Am I missing something? What is the advantage to using the UEFI BIOS if you still need to edit a DSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back