Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [GA-Z490M-GAMING-X] Everything works except sleep/wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I have the same wifi card and I'm having this sleep wake issue as well. On my end I know it's not the usb though because if I leave the USB header plugged in and sleep, it's fine. But if I put the pcie card in itself, then it won't sleep

Hi there.

The USB header connection does nothing on its own if the PCIe card is not plugged in. The USB connection is for the on-board Bluetooth module. This is why wake from sleep is often instant.

With the card plugged in and the USB header connected you need to configure the USB port using an SSDT or USBPorts.kext - which you may or may not have already done.

Guys I have the same wifi card and I'm having this sleep wake issue as well. On my end I know it's not the usb though because if I leave the USB header plugged in and sleep, it's fine. But if I put the pcie card in itself, then it won't sleep
@CaseySJ says there can be issues with this brand Fenvi Card. If that's the issue, it would act the same in windows, then the port is probably not mapped correctly.
  • The MQUPIN Fenvi T919 may cause wake-from-sleep and other issues. It should be avoided if possible. Refer to this post for more information.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ says there can be issues with this brand Fenvi Card. If that's the issue, it would act the same in windows, then the port is probably not mapped correctly.
  • The MQUPIN Fenvi T919 may cause wake-from-sleep and other issues. It should be avoided if possible. Refer to this post for more information.
That's the confusing part. I have the replacement card mentioned in that post, the youbo.
And I've used it in another build with no sleep / wake issues. I should probably start another thread instead of hijacking here

That's the confusing part. I have the replacement card mentioned in that post, the youbo.
And I've used it in another build with no sleep / wake issues. I should probably start another thread instead of hijacking here
Sounds like a USB port mapping issue then....

Something else might cause the problem: check the BIOS settings for Platform Power Management:

- PEG ASPM, PCH ASPM and DMI ASPM should be disabled. In my case, with these enabled i cannot even boot with my WiFI PCI Adapter plugged . I disabled all since I don't use a dedicated GPU so I didn't ruined anything here

- play with the settings for ErP, try both ON and OFF settings - this affect power saving for USB ports

- check the settings for XHCI Handoff, normally should be Enabled for Hackintosh, You might try to disable and check for improvements, but you might loose USB 3.0 compatibility

Finally, but not lastly, try to plug USB cable that powers Bluetooth from WiFi card in a different port. Not all USB ports are equal :)

Something else might cause the problem: check the BIOS settings for Platform Power Management:

- PEG ASPM, PCH ASPM and DMI ASPM should be disabled. In my case, with these enabled i cannot even boot with my WiFI PCI Adapter plugged . I disabled all since I don't use a dedicated GPU so I didn't ruined anything here

- play with the settings for ErP, try both ON and OFF settings - this affect power saving for USB ports

- check the settings for XHCI Handoff, normally should be Enabled for Hackintosh, You might try to disable and check for improvements, but you might loose USB 3.0 compatibility

Finally, but not lastly, try to plug USB cable that powers Bluetooth from WiFi card in a different port. Not all USB ports are equal :)
I don't think he has the same motherboard, his profile says its an MSI Z97 Gaming 7, and bios settings vary. Potentially good tips though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back