Contribute
Register

GA-x99-UD5 WIFI, Gigabyte GTX 970, Intel 5960x Stuck on PCI Configuration Begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I notice I got the same configuration as you (alos have the X99 UD5 WIFI) and I'm also stuck trying to lunch the unibeast bootloader.
I was wondering if by any chance you manage to make it work or if you had to switch to the X99 ud4 ?
Thanks for your help

Regards,

Jack

In case you are still struggling with this, or anyone else ends up here looking for a solution, johnkeller101's tutorial mostly did it for me: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-support/151067-5960x-yosemite-install-guide.html

I used the following bootflags for the Unibeast installation (in this order): -v -f PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 debug=0x14e nv_disable=1

Not having PCIRootUID=1 got me stuck on 'PCI Configuration Begin'. The other thing to keep in mind is to be patient, it took about 30 seconds to a minute for it to continue on my system after the 'PCI Configuration Begin' message appeared. This really got me as I became a bit too trigger-happy with the machine's reset button.

UPDATE:
And there definitely may be something to taking out all but one of the memory DIMMs. With the exact same setup today software-wise, with all 4 DIMMs installed I ended up getting stuck at the 'PCI configuration begin' message again when trying to boot into the installation using Unibeast.

Last edited:
Your boot option helped me to pass the pci settings step. It says "still waiting for the root device" now

Your boot option helped me to pass the pci settings step. It says "still waiting for the root device" now

Check the USB related options on BIOS and make the necessary changes as required for OS X.

Connect bootable USB to USB2.0 port.

Check the USB related options on BIOS and make the necessary changes as required for OS X.

Connect bootable USB to USB2.0 port.

I got it resolved by using npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 option. Thanks for your help.

Similiar problem, I removed 3 banks of memory, used only 8GB and got pass the screen, but stuck at the end trying to install to the SSD, but SSD not recognized. Try to see if it work, worked for me so far. BTW I used the EASYbeast.

Did you get a solution for the SSD not beeing recognized?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back