Graphics
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone, I have been trying to get my system to boot Yosemite via UniBeast I have tried so many combinations of things and all lead to the PCI Configuration Begin and never moves any further.

So here is what i'm running:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-x99-UD5 WIFI with an F4 bios

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 970

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960X

RAM: 32 GB

I know my parts are not optimal for a Hackintosh but I have noticed people using the same parts have been able to get them to work. I have read their posts and tried what they have done and so far my system has always gotten stuck at PCI Configuration Begin.

I have tried a ton of bootflags alone and in a combination:
-v
-f
-x
nv_disable=1
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
GraphicsEnabler=No
npci=0x2000
npci=0x3000
Arch=1386
maxmem=4096
maxmem=8192
PCIRootUID=1
PCIRootUID=0

I went into my bios to change some settings:
xHCI Hand off
EHCI Hand off
VT-D Disabled
xHCI mode to Auto
Loaded Optimized Defaults

I followed a ton of tutorials:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-9-4-10-9-5-a.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/151670-success-i7-5820k-4-3ghz-2x-gtx-970-ga-x99-ud4-yosemite-hackintosh.html

Thank You for the help

My Build
GA-x99-UD4, Gigabyte GTX 970, Intel 5820k

Not exactly the same as yours but I used this tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx_RD7CduDM

Before you begin I recommend updating your bios

With boot flags npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 -f -x
I was able to install OSX Yosemite 10.10.1
If you install OSX go to the Nvidia website to download their driver
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/80070/en-us
After you install the driver, restart and use boot flag npci=0x2000.

Tried to use
npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 but that didn't work for me but it may work for you.

Good Luck

Similiar problem, I removed 3 banks of memory, used only 8GB and got pass the screen, but stuck at the end trying to install to the SSD, but SSD not recognized. Try to see if it work, worked for me so far. BTW I used the EASYbeast.

I am a complete noob and about to start my first hackintosh/mac osx with similar components, I was just wondering did you not have to install kexts for the audio component also ? I believe I read somewhere that one of the guys on here who was having PCI problems had to sort a problem with the Realtek ALC1150. The guy who is building my machine has also said that one of the sata drive connectors is disabled to facilitate the wifi and a common mistake is when you try to plug your ssd drive in that one it wont work, I am prob wrong about this but I just thought `I would offer up something, am sure I am bound to be corrected... sorry in advance.

Hi - I'm a noob. :)

This is my first-ever computer build and am similarly stuck at the PCI Configuration Begin spot.

My build is using a Gigabyte Gaming-5 MB, i7-5960X, EVGA GTX 980, and 32Gb Corsair Vengance LPX. I've tried various combinations of boot flags with both Unibeast & Clover, but regardless of the boot method, the fun stops at [PCI Configuration Begin], which is usually just after my onboard lan is enabled Atheros Killer. I can post a picture tomorrow if it would help.

I'm getting confused on boot flag options for Unibeast - do the entries typed in at runtime augment or override the plist entries? Also, what is the version of Yosemite that is currently available from the App store? Is it 10.10, 10.10.1, or 10.10.2? (I've been using macs for a long time, but don't know how to check this.)

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

-RP

Hi - I'm a noob. :)

This is my first-ever computer build and am similarly stuck at the PCI Configuration Begin spot.

My build is using a Gigabyte Gaming-5 MB, i7-5960X, EVGA GTX 980, and 32Gb Corsair Vengance LPX. I've tried various combinations of boot flags with both Unibeast & Clover, but regardless of the boot method, the fun stops at [PCI Configuration Begin], which is usually just after my onboard lan is enabled Atheros Killer. I can post a picture tomorrow if it would help.

I'm getting confused on boot flag options for Unibeast - do the entries typed in at runtime augment or override the plist entries? Also, what is the version of Yosemite that is currently available from the App store? Is it 10.10, 10.10.1, or 10.10.2? (I've been using macs for a long time, but don't know how to check this.)

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

-RP

Do you have any other devices installed on PCI Slots other than the GTX980?? Then remove them all.

Try booting with flags "dart=0 npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1" or "dart=0 npci=0x3000 nv_disable=1"

Currently 10.10.2 available for download, you can download it from AppStore.

I do have a TP-Link Wifi adapter installed. I'll remove it and try the boot flags you suggested! Thank you.

---
I removed the wireless card and cleared the CMOS. I loaded optimized defaults and tried my Unibeast usb drive again.

I tried both suggested sets of boot flags, but neither worked for me. I've attached a picture of my screen, hopefully that will help. :confused:

Attachments

• IMG_3241.jpg
    IMG_3241.jpg
    780.5 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
I do have a TP-Link Wifi adapter installed. I'll remove it and try the boot flags you suggested! Thank you.

---
I removed the wireless card and cleared the CMOS. I loaded optimized defaults and tried my Unibeast usb drive again.

I tried both suggested sets of boot flags, but neither worked for me. I've attached a picture of my screen, hopefully that will help. :confused:

Any progress so far ?

Sorry for the delayed response. I've been working on overclocking my system. With this, I've discovered that my choice of hardware is not quiet enough... so I've got to make some changes. One of the items on my list is a new MB. I'm going to get a Gigabyte -UD4, as there are already at least a couple reports of success with the 5960X & the UD4.

Thanks,
-RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back