GT220
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all together,

i am now trying for days to get my new Setup to run properly, but without success...

The Setup:

Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5 - BIOS: F3
Intel i7 3930K
64GB Kingston HyperX 1600 Kit
XFX HD6870
Crucial M4 - 512GB - BIOS: latest @ Black Sata2 Port

First i'll try to get 10.8.2 running, but after installing Multibeast with EB. and the selection out of the "Dingleberry's.." Thread and after a intensely trial and error i had no possibilities to see again the GUI of OSX.

I had no chance to Boot at the white Sata3 Port, always get various Kernel Panics from FakeSMC and AppleCPUPowerMan...

Bootflags: -v -F npci=0x3000 cpus=1 (PCIRootUID=1)

chameleon.plist/smbios.plist edits: SMcputype/1281

I'll tested then after installing ML to install the 10.8.3 combo-update and for the first time my System was able to Boot nearly properly into OSX.

Everything except from the Audio was detected and working just fine.

Cinebench: 10.91 @ 3.8Ghz / GFX: 45 points
Geekbench 32bit: 16.9k point

But now i have the strange symptom that i can't boot into OSX from my Hard-drive - after choosing OSX in chimera i can only see the first 5 Lines: Read HFS+.. , Darwin 10.8..., HFS+.., HFS+.. .. then stuck for about 3 seconds and the System restart from its own.

I'll trial and error with Chimera V1 & V2 from ML and Chameleon 2.1 and sadly always the same...

I really hope somebody here can help, otherwise i have only one more solution in mind and this is to downgrade to F1 BIOS and try a beta DSDT installation....

thanks!

chimmy.

hi chimmy.

i am no expert, but I recently followed Dingleberry's guide and was still having some problems getting into osx.
for what it's worth here's my story.

i updated my bios to version F4u.
i downloaded ML 10.8.3 from the app store and made my boot loader as per instructions.
i installed ML by using the "-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 cpus=1" tags. Note - this was the most inconsistent part of the process - it felt a bit random whether or not it would get to the ML installation stage. Make sure you're using the USB2 ports and that your monitor is plugged into the VGA output on your graphics card.
once installed, I changed from Multibeast 5.2.1 to the new version 5.3.0 - but installed the exact same options as Dingleberry's instructions.
after multibeast i followed Dingleberry's instructions until the audio section - restarted - backed up the system and got to a point where I can build from.
this was all i needed to get it working.

i probably installed osx 3 or 4 times trying to it right, and even now, I still can't get the audio working (have the ports recognised but no audio and quicktime just freezes), so I am using a USB audio interface which is fine.

other slight problems - I get random KPs every few days - seems to be when I'm using Safari.
the wireless card that comes with the mb isn't usable - i have ethernet cabled so no problems, and ordered a bluetooth adapter for my mighty mouse!!

good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back