Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I've just built a new Customac following the most recent guide here on the site. I bought all of the listed/approved components for a Socket 2011 build, but am stuck on getting OS X installed.

I tried following multiple guides here in the forum, most recently this one with the same motherboard, SSD Drive and graphics card setup: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...l-3930k-dual-gtx-770-samsung-ssd-256gb-2.html

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. Here's where I am:

- I've created the bootable USB using Unibeast and the Mac App store mavericks download 10.9.1 as well as adding MultiBeast 6.3.0 and FileNVRAM.dylib to the USB drive as outlined in the tutorial I linked to (I've tried with and without it and the failure seems to be the same each time).

-I can successfully boot from the USB and get the initial screen. I use the bootflags "-v npci=0x3000 cpus=1" (I've tried both with and without "-f")

-Next, I get a black screen with pages and pages of white text that scroll by for a while - then this is followed by a black screen and nothing else ever happens.

I'm completely stuck! I made sure to only buy the parts recommended in the guide and to get a setup with tutorials here on the forums so that I wouldn't have any problems - seeing as how other people have made this same setup work, what could I possibly be doing wrong? :banghead:

Please help!
Thanks,
Luke

Luke, you might try adding the boot flag "GraphicsEnabler=No". I found this was necessary to get past the black screen before I ran MultiBeast. I am using a GTX 760, same processor, same board.
Regards,
Jon

Thanks for the help! I just managed to get it to work - I didn't have to change any of the boot flags or anything after all, but I had to create a new bootable USB with Mavericks 10.9.3 - for some reason 10.9.1 didn't work (even though Unibeast had no problem with the file).

Hopefully this will help anyone else who encounters this issue. I now have OSX installed and will keep working on getting it all set up - thanks to everyone for helping me make it happen!:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back