Contribute
Register

GA-H77N-Wifi - Success with Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your post, I'm up and running using your MB config. Everything works except wifi as usual.

I have this this board but I am having problems getting it into the OS X installer. I have followed the guide but all I get is the white stop sign. Any help gurase would be great

I just used the tonymac Clover guide for UEFI with the standard config.plist attached to the guide. I also use a DSDT. The only changes to config.plist I made were:

1. In Clover Configurator, in the smbios tab, generate a new system profile and serial (I used iMac 13,1).
2. Run the uuidgen command in terminal to get a new system uuid. Put that value in the SmUUID field in Clover Configurator.
3. For Board Serial ID on the same tab, use the newly generated serial + 5 random alphanumeric characters.
4. Once I got the call Apple error in iMessage with a new customer code, I called Apple and they unlocked my account.

I tried using my old serial/uuid/ROM/MLB from Chimera but I couldn't get it to work. I figured if I had to call Apple anyway I might as well start fresh.

Everything else works great, no complaints about boot time.

Another relatively successful install here, with Multibeast, using H77N-wifi & i3 3225 (HD4000):
- [edit: 1080i generally is fine] same crap 1080i output as with previous OS versions;
- [edit: 1080i generally is fine] new crappy 720p video output (similar to 1080i);
- 1080p video output ok;
- HDMI audio works; 2-channel PCM output & encoded audio output work for apps that support this;
- Can't log in in iMessage;
- Finicky bluetooth device pairing using the bluetooth adapter that comes with the board, which either works or freeze the machine. But once devices are paired, they work perfectly, even after sleep-wake cycle or power cycle. This was not always the case with Mavericks, depending on the version.
- Auto sleep, manual sleep, manual wake work great;
- tried 1 of the 2 onboard ethernet - works ok;
- Did not try USB 3 yet.

Scheduled system wake used to work in Mavericks. Now it does not. Since I use the computer to record tv shows, it will have to remain up 24/7 for now. Anyone else noticed this issue? Any hints on how to fix this?

Edit: 720p and 1080i now display fine. This issue seem to come and go.

I have this this board but I am having problems getting it into the OS X installer. I have followed the guide but all I get is the white stop sign. Any help gurase would be great

Are you using a front USB port?

Use the rear USB 2.0 port for the initial install.

To the ones having USB and BT issues, have you updated your bios. Im running F4 and I do not have any of those issues. Also, make sure you are not installing the Universal USB 3 kext, 7 chipsets dont use it and will cause them to lock or not work at all.

I am yes. Do the back ones work better then???

Are you using a front USB port?

Use the rear USB 2.0 port for the initial install.

To the ones having USB and BT issues, have you updated your bios. Im running F4 and I do not have any of those issues. Also, make sure you are not installing the Universal USB 3 kext, 7 chipsets dont use it and will cause them to lock or not work at all.

Thanks for taking the plunge first. Worked great updating my existing install following your lead. Everything but iMessage works, but that hasn't worked for a while under 10.9.?.

I have now got it installed but I can't get my hdmi audio to work. And tbh I don't really understand the hdmi audio patching. Any help would be great

This is an update to my previous install. I basically had to reformat and start over. First signs of trouble was my sound just stopped working and the only way to get it to work was with Bluetooth. I tried to reinstall the Audio kext from multibeast and I couldn't get multibeast to install my saved config file. Then I kept having random crashes of the system preferences preference pane. Based on the another forum entry, I tried to go into S/L/E and look at some kexts, well the folder showed empty. I tried the Show/Hide app to show all files, that didn't work. At that point, I backed everything up and started over.

On the redo, everything seems to be working fine, except for iMessages. Sound is still finicky, but I can at least to get it to work by plugging into the front Headphones jack. Occasionally, sound will stop working, but I haven't been able to isolate the steps of when it doesn't work. It works on wake from sleep, but i'll be using it and then it just stops. A reboot fixes it and this it works again, even after sleep. iTunes is kinda flaky right now - I can't update my iPad to 8.1 because it says I'm not connected to the internet, but I can update apps and download songs from within the app.

This is an update to my previous install. I basically had to reformat and start over. First signs of trouble was my sound just stopped working and the only way to get it to work was with Bluetooth. I tried to reinstall the Audio kext from multibeast and I couldn't get multibeast to install my saved config file. Then I kept having random crashes of the system preferences preference pane. Based on the another forum entry, I tried to go into S/L/E and look at some kexts, well the folder showed empty. I tried the Show/Hide app to show all files, that didn't work. At that point, I backed everything up and started over.

On the redo, everything seems to be working fine, except for iMessages. Sound is still finicky, but I can at least to get it to work by plugging into the front Headphones jack. Occasionally, sound will stop working, but I haven't been able to isolate the steps of when it doesn't work. It works on wake from sleep, but i'll be using it and then it just stops. A reboot fixes it and this it works again, even after sleep. iTunes is kinda flaky right now - I can't update my iPad to 8.1 because it says I'm not connected to the internet, but I can update apps and download songs from within the app.

Try these two kext, one is for the ALC 892 and the other is a edited applehda to work with it. I found these are the only ones that work correctly on my H77N-WIFI in Mavericks and Yosemite, Use kextbeast (I use kext utility) to install, and make sure you rebuild cache and permissions. Reboot and sound should work even after sleep. You may have to go to Preferences>Sound>Internal Speaker after reboot

Attachments

• ALC892 noDSDT ML10.8.4.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 305
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back