Contribute
Register

GA-H77N-Wifi - Success with Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you also updated the nVidia driver?

I'm on a Z77N with a GTX650 and get a black screen after installing Multibeast, will try your solution, maybe I forgot some flags.

The HDMI Audio works for me in Mavericks with the NVAudio-1.0.dmg fix.

I thank you.

I couldn't figure the lack of sound in Yosemite tried everything with no success. After using your files and picking internal speakers the sound is back. I was puzzled because I have a second drive that is running Mavericks on this system with no sound issues.

Thanks Again

Hi everyone !

After the installation with multibeast, i've got a problem.

After booting, the Apple grey screen still appears and nothing happens. It's blocked.
Sometimes, the apple disappears and it is substituted with en forbidden-logo.

With -v command at the boot : it notices > Still waiting for root device

So, what can i do ?

Thanks for your answer ?

For the benefit of anybody with similar systems - here is my experience.

GA-H77N-Wifi, with i5-3570K, GeForce GT 640, SSD, etc
As stated before - use the rear USB, or on board USB (not the top/front case slots)
- not sure why, but it does matter!
Attached are the Multibeast settings that worked for me. Sound, bluetooth etc all working.
Only issue I have is USB3 not working.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• Multibeast Yosemite 2 Nov2014 _v2.mb.zip
    143.9 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Upgrading from Mavericks mine works without multi beast. In fact whilst I was running multibeast for Chimera and HDMI 4000 option + ALC 892 on my first attempt I happened to look into System Prefs and noticed I already had HDMI audio, then MB completed and I rebooted to find I had no audio at all. I reinstalled Yosemite from USB and didn't even have to boot from USB first, it just all worked including HDMI audio.

So I am having some issues, not sure if I am not following some directions or understanding some lingo that I am not used to. I have a H77N-WIFI with i3 3225. I had mavericks working with the usual chimera/multibeast and iMessage working, never had any issues doing any of this, till now :banghead:. So I have tried to follow the clover install for USB. This may be long but I am explaining my steps to see where I go wrong.

Create the usb via sudo command in terminal...done
install the clover program on the now created 10.10 installer USB, I use the custom install settings per the pics provided for the USB installer
added the config/plist, and then the various kext files to usb/EFI/kexts/10.10/
then remove the file and add the file within the driversU64UEFI and NO DSDT

here is the problem, when i format the HD and then install I get hung up on the install screen, it loads all the way, counting down the seconds and then it will say seconds remaining, 2 hours later, still there, overnight still there. I have used the rear USB port, i have installed multicast prior to this with no problem but am wanting to use clover to get iMessages to work....any help? suggestions?

The only think i can think of, i have not reset my BIOS to default, is that needed? I left my BIOS the same from when I installed 10.8 or 10.7 a while back. Would this help? Thank!

So I am having some issues, not sure if I am not following some directions or understanding some lingo that I am not used to. I have a H77N-WIFI with i3 3225. I had mavericks working with the usual chimera/multibeast and iMessage working, never had any issues doing any of this, till now :banghead:. So I have tried to follow the clover install for USB. This may be long but I am explaining my steps to see where I go wrong.

Create the usb via sudo command in terminal...done
install the clover program on the now created 10.10 installer USB, I use the custom install settings per the pics provided for the USB installer
added the config/plist, and then the various kext files to usb/EFI/kexts/10.10/
then remove the file and add the file within the driversU64UEFI and NO DSDT

here is the problem, when i format the HD and then install I get hung up on the install screen, it loads all the way, counting down the seconds and then it will say seconds remaining, 2 hours later, still there, overnight still there. I have used the rear USB port, i have installed multicast prior to this with no problem but am wanting to use clover to get iMessages to work....any help? suggestions?

The only think i can think of, i have not reset my BIOS to default, is that needed? I left my BIOS the same from when I installed 10.8 or 10.7 a while back. Would this help? Thank!

Oh - I couldn´t agree more - following all the various (clover) instructions to the point (even combining them) going crazy with clover configurator - and yet - the same problem! Is driving me nuts! Despite all the naysayers about the spying/homephoning Yosemite - I wanted to give it a shot. But now - I´m done with it. "Resistance is futile!" - yep - true - end of line. Buy yourself a beer and enjoy the evening like I did.

Last edited:
ok, so I figured this out, after hours of re-doing and re-writing my HD. You need to read then attempt to fix if you follow my directions, this is a guide and I am not responsible if it doesn't work. I installed 10.10 fresh using Unitbeast and once up, used multibeast to get my setting correct. I then reboot to ensure it worked before I moved on. I then installed clover to my booting hard drive, using the settings below. I also went into clover of the EFI mounted HD to add in my theme manually and removed the others that were present, I think there was a New Years and Christmas. I then rebooted to ensure that it was booting to Clover, SCORE! Now it was time to tackle the iMessage fix. You need to make sure you run DPCIManager to ensure that everything is correct and in order for wifi setting, I have my wifi as en0, no ethernet, not needed.

I followed the iMessage fix in the guides you see above, very straight forward, with some exceptions!!!!!!!!! You do need to make sure that the ending of what S/N you choose matches what you actually have installed on your mackintosh. You need to get Mactracker from the App Store to see what system you match closely to. I then created my own S/N via the algorithm given on the guide in Step 3 and using the two links to find the ending that corresponded with the Mactrack. I then used a ROM and MLB from a real mac, injected those into my SMBIOS via "sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=XXXXXXXX" in terminal and then did the same for the MLB, just change out the ROM to MLB. I finally made sure all my changes in the Clover Configurator were correct in terms of MLB and ROM, as well as the Mac S/N and what Mac I "actually had", I then made a new Uuid, by running terminal and did the command "uuidgen" to get a new uuID and put that into the Clover Configurator. I rebooted with the internet unplugged, thereby making sure my ROM and MLB were the same by running the iMessagedebug.
screen-shot-2014-09-21-at-9-41-42-am.pngscreen-shot-2014-09-21-at-9-40-50-am.png

Last edited:
congrats. But wasn´t your intention in the first place to get the job done in a "purified" way using clover only? It is still my intention to get the most vanilla system possible. And unibeast doesn´t seem to the first choice (anymore). If you make it using clover - I´d be very grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back