Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M-D3H-Clover
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
RX 570, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Decided to bite the bullet and try the install. Everything went flawlessly. Followed http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html per the process and have had no ill effects, except for iMessages still not working. Sigh. Sound, network, sleep/wake...all smooth. One note, I unplugged everything, and I mean everything before the install. All internal and external hard drives, BT fobs, card readers, internal DVD and it went as planned. Adding my MB readout as an attachment. I will be slowly plugging things back in - dual boot windoze 8.1, external hard drive, internal hard drive, BT and DVD. I'll post back if anything doesn't work. And for all of those folks, stating "i tried it and it failed, somebody help out". Please put more documentation on what you did or didn't do, what your system is, etc. Also, keep trying and reading...One other thing, I went into System Preferences>Security and Privacy>Allow apps downloaded from: and selected Anywhere before I did Multibeast. Never done this before and I didn't get any errors. I'm going to do this from now on. Check out my build in my profile to see what I have...Good luck everyone!

****Update****...had issues with iCloud account not being recognized. First thing that tipped me off was iTunes was throwing a -50 error. Did research on Google and tried to login into iCloud account in System Preferences, I couldn't. Then I put iCloud into the tonymacosx search box, clicked on a few links and found this - http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/112578-apple-id-does-not-work-mavericks.html, and did the delete trick from tobitobst. I can now login to appstore, iTunes and iCloud without issue. iMessages still not working.

Attachments

• Untitled.tiff
    176.5 KB · Views: 1,032
  • 10.10.mb
    4.9 KB · Views: 792
Good to hear. I have the Z77N-Wifi up and running. Not much differences between those boards

Same board and I also have Yosemite working. I use Clover which has working iMessage. I highly recommend switching if iMessage is important. Really easy to setup for our board.

Can I install Yosemite over top of Mavericks using the Clover method? I've used Multibeast before.

Same board and I also have Yosemite working. I use Clover which has working iMessage. I highly recommend switching if iMessage is important. Really easy to setup for our board.

Any chance of pm me your clover config and settings when you installed clover by exporting it as i have same board and would like to get it working myself as i have had very little luck getting it going with clover myself even though i have tried lots, did you uefi it or mbr (legacy). I will change config only regarding the MAC MLB ROM and other stuff to make it unique from yours. Also when mine was first starting up clover sits for about 20 seconds before it brings up the GUI (if its enabled to show it), how does yours perform.

email:- martingclarkATblueyonderDOTcoDOTuk

thanks.

No problems with USB3 ports? Mine don't work.

When the computer first starts up, I can see that the ports are powering the device but once the computer is running it seems like the ports shut down.

Going to try Clover.

Just noticed I have a Z77.

Last edited:
USB3 works - syncing Time Machine now . Audio works via Bluetooth, before it worked normally, now the only way to get it to work is Bluetooth - will investigate further. Of all the funny things, I clicked on iMessages again and it works. Don't know how, don't know why...but it works, and I am leaving it at that.

Any chance of pm me your clover config and settings when you installed clover by exporting it as i have same board and would like to get it working myself as i have had very little luck getting it going with clover myself even though i have tried lots, did you uefi it or mbr (legacy). I will change config only regarding the MAC MLB ROM and other stuff to make it unique from yours. Also when mine was first starting up clover sits for about 20 seconds before it brings up the GUI (if its enabled to show it), how does yours perform.

email:- martingclarkATblueyonderDOTcoDOTuk

thanks.

I just used the tonymac Clover guide for UEFI with the standard config.plist attached to the guide. I also use a DSDT. The only changes to config.plist I made were:

1. In Clover Configurator, in the smbios tab, generate a new system profile and serial (I used iMac 13,1).
2. Run the uuidgen command in terminal to get a new system uuid. Put that value in the SmUUID field in Clover Configurator.
3. For Board Serial ID on the same tab, use the newly generated serial + 5 random alphanumeric characters.
4. Once I got the call Apple error in iMessage with a new customer code, I called Apple and they unlocked my account.

I tried using my old serial/uuid/ROM/MLB from Chimera but I couldn't get it to work. I figured if I had to call Apple anyway I might as well start fresh.

Everything else works great, no complaints about boot time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back