Contribute
Register

GA-H55M-S2V......No ethernet......No sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay that's why i couldn't find it. okay so i ran multibeast with everything from page 1 and still no sound. any ideas?[/quote]
You didn't install anything for sound.[/quote]

okay what should i select on the Multibeast?[/quote]

There's still nothing in System Preferences>Sound>Output?[/quote]

no there is nothing under Output in sound

littlepooch21 said:
no there is nothing under Output in sound

Is there anything in /Extra/Extensions?

I have been doing an install on the same motherboard (GA-H55M-S2V) and it was easy to get everything working, except I still can't get sound going. I've done a number of installs based on all the different versions of multibeast and never had any issues, any ideas... I'm sure I haven't done anything incorrectly???

leftbrain said:
I have been doing an install on the same motherboard (GA-H55M-S2V) and it was easy to get everything working, except I still can't get sound going. I've done a number of installs based on all the different versions of multibeast and never had any issues, any ideas... I'm sure I haven't done anything incorrectly???

Do you have anything in your System Preferences>Sound>Output?

From what I can tell, it uses the 888b chipset, so it should work just fine. The only thing I could think is that your DSDT isn't 100%.

Also, are you both sure that you are using the correct DSDT for your BIOS version?

I don't have anything in "System Preferences>Sound>Output".... I'm thinking it might be the DSDT too. I don't really need it, because most the sound is for music recording through an Mbox (via USB), but if anyone figures it out... that would be great!

leftbrain said:
I don't have anything in "System Preferences>Sound>Output".... I'm thinking it might be the DSDT too. I don't really need it, because most the sound is for music recording through an Mbox (via USB), but if anyone figures it out... that would be great!

This might sound odd, but it's actually a good thing that it's not working for you, because it indicates that it's not just one person missing one thing or one step here or there. Hopefully MacMan can chime in here, as I think he's probably the best person to, as he handles audio and the DSDT database stuff.

Well if anyone looks into it, please let me thank you all here in advance!!! For me it has only been an issue with sound, other than that SL installed very easily.

Same mobo same problem here. Everything worse works great including Ethernet and the upgrade to 10.6.6

One thing to add to the information that others have provided....under Hardware->Audio (Built in) on system profiler I see Intel High Definition Audio with Audio ID: 887.

Is this right given that this mobo has a 889 chipset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back