Contribute
Register

GA-H55M-S2V......No ethernet......No sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad it work! Took me 2 night of testing but all the effort was worth it! :)

I'm going to make a thread with this guide because in the middle of the thread its very hard to find. My english is very bad, feel free to correct me please :oops:

New thread! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11393&start=0

I was away from this effort for a couple of weeks, but this worked like a charm. I would only add a slight modification. Multibeast has the option of installing Kext Utility. As part of the initial setup, just install that program then. All it does when you run it is repair the permissions of the files you manually install in /S/L/E and /E/E.

This is how I installed the system. It won't add much, but includes a few shortcuts.

1] Current iBoot as of 01-28-2011.
2] Change disk to SL and install (I used the 10.6.3 retail disk).
3] Reboot with iBoot -> Snowleopard
4] Install 10.6.6 combo update
5] Run Multibeast 3.1
6] Select
-- UserDSDT - (which you hopefully downloaded from the DSDT database and put on your desktop)
-- Nvidia enabler (I'm using a Nvidia 9800 GTX+ video card) from D&B/Kexts/Graphics section
-- IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector under the D&B/Kexts&Enablers/Disk section
-- Chameleon 2.0 RC5 Prerelease from D&B/Bootloaders section
-- Kext Utility from the OSx86 Software section
7] System Utilities check Rebuild Caches and Repair Permissions (I always to that just in case)

Install/reboot

8] Download Lnx2Mac's Realtek Driver package and install it. Reboot.

9] Download the soundfile archive package listed in the initial post and unpack it.

10] Copy as follows

-- GigabyteALC888bautoHP.kext to /Extra/Extensions
-- HDAEnabler.kext to /System/Libraries/Extentions and authenticate to stop the griping
-- AppleHDA.kext to /System/Libraries/Extensions, which will overwrite the original, once more you will have to authenticate.

ignore the warning you'll get from the system about broken permissions.

11] Run Kext Utility (from the applications folder). That will repair the permissions.

12] Reboot into a fully functional 10.6.6 system.

The Hardware I used
------------------------
GA-H55M-S2V
Nvidia 9800 GTX+
Core i7 (Intel Core i7-870 Lynnfield 2.93GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor BX80605I7870)
2x4 GB (CORSAIR XMS 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX8GX3M2A1600C9)

Because I can only come with the CD I installed iBoot multibeast .... but when
gives the boot to the HD restart.
Likewise it does not run Geforce 8400 GS 1GB ECC
Excuse my English

I could explain step by step to install my motherboard H55M-S2V with ECC 1GB GeForce 8400GS and I can only enter with the CD iBoot. Many thanks

Worked beautifully! Thank you.

Pulpo said:
Sound working!!!

Basic install:

Install using iBoot + Multibeast 3.10 (UserDSDT) with DSDT-GA-H55M-S2V-F3.aml.

Select:

1 - Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers ->DISK: IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

2 - Customization -> Boot Options: 64-bit Apple Boot Screen

3 - Customization -> Themes: tonymacx86 Classic (optional)

4 - System Utilities: Rebuild Caches

5 - System Utilities: Repair Permissions

NOTE: Don't use VoodooPS2 with DSDT-GA-H55M-S2V-F3.aml.

Lan:

1 - Install Lnx2Mac for LAN.

Sound:

1 - Download the attachment: GA-H55M-S2V.rar

2 - Unzip.

3 - Install GigabyteALC888bautoHP.kext in Snow/Extra/Extensions

4 - Download Kext Utility or install from Multibeast.

5 - Throwing each file into Kext Utility, install AppleHDA.kext (rollback 10.6.2) and HDAEnabler.kext (manual put both files in Snow/System/Libray/Extensions)

6 - Double click in Kext Utility to repair kexts permisssions for system's and Extra folders

7 - Use Mulibeast -> System Utilities to repair permisions and cache.

8 - Restart.

I hope it helps! Works for me in 3 differents disks. Let me know if it work please.

Sorry for my english :thumbup:

thanks man,worked great for me on 10.6.6

finally got into the install screen of snow leopard disc , however my usb mouse and keyboard don't work. There's a cursor on the screen but I can't control the mouse to choose" My install language is English". This is run from a usb flash drive. created by myboot . Did I forget any setting in the bios???

tofuconfetti said:
I was away from this effort for a couple of weeks, but this worked like a charm. I would only add a slight modification. Multibeast has the option of installing Kext Utility. As part of the initial setup, just install that program then. All it does when you run it is repair the permissions of the files you manually install in /S/L/E and /E/E.

This is how I installed the system. It won't add much, but includes a few shortcuts.

1] Current iBoot as of 01-28-2011.
2] Change disk to SL and install (I used the 10.6.3 retail disk).
3] Reboot with iBoot -> Snowleopard
4] Install 10.6.6 combo update
5] Run Multibeast 3.1
6] Select
-- UserDSDT - (which you hopefully downloaded from the DSDT database and put on your desktop)
-- Nvidia enabler (I'm using a Nvidia 9800 GTX+ video card) from D&B/Kexts/Graphics section
-- IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector under the D&B/Kexts&Enablers/Disk section
-- Chameleon 2.0 RC5 Prerelease from D&B/Bootloaders section
-- Kext Utility from the OSx86 Software section
7] System Utilities check Rebuild Caches and Repair Permissions (I always to that just in case)

Install/reboot

8] Download Lnx2Mac's Realtek Driver package and install it. Reboot.

9] Download the soundfile archive package listed in the initial post and unpack it.

10] Copy as follows

-- GigabyteALC888bautoHP.kext to /Extra/Extensions
-- HDAEnabler.kext to /System/Libraries/Extentions and authenticate to stop the griping
-- AppleHDA.kext to /System/Libraries/Extensions, which will overwrite the original, once more you will have to authenticate.

ignore the warning you'll get from the system about broken permissions.

11] Run Kext Utility (from the applications folder). That will repair the permissions.

12] Reboot into a fully functional 10.6.6 system.

The Hardware I used
------------------------
GA-H55M-S2V
Nvidia 9800 GTX+
Core i7 (Intel Core i7-870 Lynnfield 2.93GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor BX80605I7870)
2x4 GB (CORSAIR XMS 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX8GX3M2A1600C9)

I wanted to bump this thread in case people are wondering if this works with 10.6.7... it does! Took some time to figure it out but the instructions above worked instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back