Contribute
Register

GA-H55M-S2V......No ethernet......No sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Braveheart99 said:
Same mobo same problem here. Everything worse works great including Ethernet and the upgrade to 10.6.6

One thing to add to the information that others have provided....under Hardware->Audio (Built in) on system profiler I see Intel High Definition Audio with Audio ID: 887.

Is this right given that this mobo has a 889 chipset?
No, this motherboard has the 888b AKA 887 codec.

Troubleshooting tips:

1) Use the DSDT from the database
2) Make sure there is no VoodooHDA or HDAEnabler in /S/L/E if there is delete and rebuild caches
3) Install ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback in MultiBeast along with running System Utilities.

Remember in ALC8xxHDA 1.0 if you have something plugged into the rear green line out jack the front panel headphone jack doesn't work. This will be fixed in ALC8xxHDA 1.0.1 which will be available in the next release of MultiBeast.

MacMan said:
Troubleshooting tips:

Yes

2) Make sure there is no VoodooHDA or HDAEnabler in /S/L/E if there is delete and rebuild caches

Nope. Nothing in /L/E and only ALC8xxHDA in /E/E

3) Install ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback in MultiBeast along with running System Utilities.

Remember in ALC8xxHDA 1.0 if you have something plugged into the rear green line out jack the front panel headphone jack doesn't work. This will be fixed in ALC8xxHDA 1.0.1 which will be available in the next release of MultiBeast.

Same problem here. No sound.

In my BIOS the sound is AZALIA, not HDA (GA-H55M-S2F, version 1.4, BIOS F3).

When I make a clean install from Snow Leopard 10.6.0, the sound is working. Install 10.6.5 combo update + multibeast + ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + System Utilities + DSDT-GA-H55M-S2V-F3.aml in desktop and I loose the sound when the system restarts.

Using the first AppleHDA (from 10.6.0), perhaps could work the sound ?

Sorry for my english.

MacMan said:
Troubleshooting tips:

Can you think of any other reason this wouldn't be working? Is the DSDT in the database sound (no pun intended)? We've gone over this a bit and it seems that everything is being done right.

Pulpo said:
Same problem here. No sound.

In my BIOS the sound is AZALIA, not HDA (GA-H55M-S2F, version 1.4, BIOS F3).

When I make a clean install from Snow Leopard 10.6.0, the sound is working. Install 10.6.5 combo update + multibeast + ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + System Utilities + DSDT-GA-H55M-S2V-F3.aml in desktop and I loose the sound when the system restarts.

Using the first AppleHDA (from 10.6.0), perhaps could work the sound ?

Sorry for my english.
Sound being listed as AZALIA in BIOS is correct. In the DSDT in the database the device gets renamed to HDEF.

Are you saying Sound works when booted from iBoot?

What do you see in System Profiler for Audio and in System Preferences -> Sound -> Outputs?

Yes, when I boot for the first time with iBoot into 10.6.0, the sound is working (also enable in the top bar, I didn't check the LAN).

I'm at work right now and i cannot post the System Preferences -> Sound -> Outputs :(

I'm going to reinstall the system when I go back to my home, now everything works in 10.6.5, except the sound (LAN thanks to Lnx2Mac's Realtek kext).

Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2V, F3 BIOS, board revision 1.4
Core i5-661 (replacing soon w/ i5-760)
2x2GB Patriot Sector 5 1600MHz CL9
MSI 8600GT OC 256 (no extra kext, correct ID)
Samsung F4 1TB 32MB
LiteON DVD-RW 22X
Firewire Nec IE1394
Thermaltake LitePower 350W

10.6.5 System Preferences -> Sound -> Outputs:

Reinstalling in a new disk from scratch right now with 10.6.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back