Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello All-

I'm new here as you can see. I am trying to build my first Hackintosh. Below are my specs and what I have done so far. Let me know if anyone can help out.

GA-H55M-S2V F3
Intel Core i3 540
8gb Ram
EVGA GT240 1GB
Coolmax 600w PSU
Retail 10.6.3 OSX Disc

Okay so below are the steps that I used to get things up and running to where I am at right now.

1. Run iBoot and Install OS X 10.6.3
2. Run the OS X 10.6.5 Combo Update
3. Run MultiBeast. User DSDT and System Utilities.
4. Reboot without the iBoot disc.
5. Install the Realtek Lnx2Mac driver
6. Reboot

From here I am in OS X 10.6.5. Ethernet does not work at all and I am not getting any sound.

Can anyone help me out with this?

littlepooch21 said:
Hello All-

I'm new here as you can see. I am trying to build my first Hackintosh. Below are my specs and what I have done so far. Let me know if anyone can help out.

GA-H55M-S2V F3
Intel Core i3 540
8gb Ram
EVGA GT240 1GB
Coolmax 600w PSU
Retail 10.6.3 OSX Disc

Okay so below are the steps that I used to get things up and running to where I am at right now.

6. Reboot

From here I am in OS X 10.6.5. Ethernet does not work at all and I am not getting any sound.

Any more information on what options you chose in Multibeast? Did you put the DSDT file on your desktop? Is it the correct version for your motherboard?

Vendetta said:
littlepooch21 said:
Hello All-

GA-H55M-S2V F3
Intel Core i3 540
8gb Ram
EVGA GT240 1GB
Coolmax 600w PSU
Retail 10.6.3 OSX Disc

6. Reboot

Any more information on what options you chose in Multibeast? Did you put the DSDT file on your desktop? Is it the correct version for your motherboard?

I used the DSDT file that corresponds with my motherboard. I put it on the desktop before I used MultiBeast.

Vendetta said:
Any more information on what options you chose in Multibeast?

littlepooch21 said:
I used UserDSDT with the DSDT on my desktop, i used system utilities, and that's it.

Re-run multibeast and do something like this:

Screen_shot_2011-01-09_at_7.35.09_PM.png

For network, use this:

http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/11/lnx ... aller.html

Vendetta said:
littlepooch21 said:
I used UserDSDT with the DSDT on my desktop, i used system utilities, and that's it.

Screen_shot_2011-01-09_at_7.35.09_PM.png

For network, use this:

Tried both and neither worked. I found a USB Ethernet Adapter laying around and I'm using it for internet right now. I guess if I have to continue to use it I will survive, but would rather use the gig ethernet that the motherboard has.

Also tried the sound fix and got nothing. Any other ideas? I looked under the "sound" under system prefs and there is nothing there.

littlepooch21 said:
Vendetta said:
littlepooch21 said:

For network, use this:

Tried both and neither worked. I found a USB Ethernet Adapter laying around and I'm using it for internet right now. I guess if I have to continue to use it I will survive, but would rather use the gig ethernet that the motherboard has.

Also tried the sound fix and got nothing. Any other ideas? I looked under the "sound" under system prefs and there is nothing there.

What's in your /Extra/Extensions folder?

littlepooch21 said:
I have.....

ALC8xxHDS.kext and fakesmc.kext

these are the only 2 things in my Extras/extensions folder.

And in /Library/Extensions?

Which audio output are you trying to use on your board? You say there is -nothing- in System Prefs>Sound>Output? You aren't using the iBoot disc anymore are you? Were you able to get sound or ethernet initially when booting from iBoot and before running Multibeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back