i3 4330
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello guys, yesterday i finished my build, made my unibeast(mavericks) drive and run into some troubles.
My hardware is:
Mobo:Gigabyte Ga-b85-hd3
CPU:Intel core i3 4330 with intel 4600 hd graphics (which i am using right now) (haswell)
4 Gb corsair vengence ram
128 Gb Samsung 840 ssd

I set my bios settings to AHCI and the boot for the flawsh drive to HDD. I tried to boot without any kernel flags but i got stuck on the apple logo before i got to the installation screen.
I tried booting with -v -x but nothing. The last lines of the are:

Warning: ioplatformpluginutill: getcpuidinfo: this is an unknown cpu model 0x3c -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported
DSMOS has arrived
[iobluetoothcontroler][start]-- completed

From a little search i have done it seems to be something like with FakeSMC or CPUPowermanagement or SMBios.

Thanks in advance i hope someone can help me as fast as possible!! :D I also added a picture from the bootloader.

Attachments

• Photo 4-11-13 - 14 39 55.jpg
    Photo 4-11-13 - 14 39 55.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 550
Hey in reply to your post it may work by doing this cpus=1 along with -v and -x

I looked on my UEFI bios for VT-d but i couldn't find it... I saw on the mobo guide which came with the box
that it should be there... So it may be hidden or unlisted from my bios version (F5)

I looked on my UEFI bios for VT-d but i couldn't find it... I saw on the mobo guide which came with the box
that it should be there... So it may be hidden or unlisted from my bios version (F5)

Your i3 processor doesn't have that option/feature available so it will not be in the UEFI. The problem is elsewhere. How are you connecting between motherboard and monitor DVI-D cable?
Did you set up your UEFI bios as per the guide for Mavericks 10.9?

Adrian B

Well thanks for replying. I think i spotted the problem. You mentioned the connection... :clap:I am using vga since my monitor is old and doesn't support DVI ... Will a DVI to VGA adaptor solve the problem?

Edit: Yes that's the problem thanks in advance !!! I connected my PC via Hdmi to my tv and it
boots. The only problem now is how to connect it to my old monitor

Well thanks for replying. I think i spotted the problem. You mentioned the connection... :clap:I am using vga since my monitor is old and doesn't support DVI ... Will a DVI to VGA adaptor solve the problem?

Edit: Yes that's the problem thanks in advance !!! I connected my PC via Hdmi to my tv and it
boots. The only problem now is how to connect it to my old monitor

Same issue:banghead:
switched to tv via hdmi and worked straight away:headbang:...any luck with using a dvi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back