Contribute
Register

G4 Cube Inspired Self Build - Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank for all your prase and comments it does mean a lot, here are my thoughts :

Innovative; To me one of the hardest things, apart from the build itself, was simply working out were to put everything, getting it all to fit in such a small space, that was innovative.

Documentation; To my mind I wouldn't be able to do this without the community (especially the SW aspects), so documenting this project is my way of contributing back, and hopefully inspiring others.

Work of Art; This is the highest prase. Thanks.

Compared to G4 Cube; Yes it was the intention to look like an update to the Cube. Maybe something Apple should have put out. Instead when they got back round to SFF computing we got the Mini. No disrespect it was a great bit of engineering, but it lacked the design flare IMHO that made the cube what it is.

Please do NOT compare to a G4 ! This is UNIQUE ! Bravo !

outstanding job!!!!!!! now i want to try something like that
Be my guest, would love to see what you can do. My build log has lots of trials and tribulations.
:crazy:

Please do NOT compare to a G4 ! This is UNIQUE ! Bravo !
I was inspired by G4, thats reason for comparison, But glad you think it is unique. Thanks.

I have to admit that I was a little skeptical when I saw your plywood mockups, but this thing turned out really amazing.
You should consider lighting one of the edges of your plexiglass to make the apple logo illuminate. Seems to be a popular method for signs:
edgelit.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back