Contribute
Register

G p55-ud3 Mobo Sound and BIOS issues on Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First of all, I am new and this website is amazing, I thank everyone who contributed for the wealth of information available.

Gigabyte :!:P55-UD3 Mobo
Intel i7 860
8GB ram
ATI HD 5870

1) After a successful boot into Mac, the next time I boot up I get "Post error occurs!" Attached is an image, it used to also change my BIOS settings back to IDE from AHCI but doesn't seem to be doing that anymore. 20150315_120619.jpg

2) after installing a DSDT from this website recommended from my MOBO, chimera loads when I boot right from the hard rive without USB, and the mouse and keyboard not working problem has seemed to resolve itself I hope.

3) Audio, a usb microphone works, however I've tried installing all the different realteks available from multibeast, no luck for onboard audio. Ive read a lot about "kexts" and "HDAUDIOENABLER" but I am having no luck with either.

4) I have a secondary hardrive formatted by windows, that shows up in disk utility, but cannot access it in finder, would be nice if I could get to those files.

Other than the boot issue of BIOS, and occasionally having to go back and change it to AHCI, things seem to be working okay, LAN, graphics (starcraft works) are fine.

First of all, I am new and this website is amazing, I thank everyone who contributed for the wealth of information available.

1) After a successful boot into Mac, the next time I boot up I get "Post error occurs!" Attached is an image, it used to also change my BIOS settings back to IDE from AHCI but doesn't seem to be doing that anymore.View attachment 130419

2) after installing a DSDT from this website recommended from my MOBO, chimera loads when I boot right from the hard rive without USB, and the mouse and keyboard not working problem has seemed to resolve itself I hope.

3) Audio, a usb microphone works, however I've tried installing all the different realteks available from multibeast, no luck for onboard audio. Ive read a lot about "kexts" and "HDAUDIOENABLER" but I am having no luck with either.

4) I have a secondary hardrive formatted by windows, that shows up in disk utility, but cannot access it in finder, would be nice if I could get to those files.

Other than the boot issue of BIOS, and occasionally having to go back and change it to AHCI, things seem to be working okay, LAN, graphics (starcraft works) are fine.

1) I don't really understand the problem you have here (it's really vague, can I get some more info? :lol:)

2) ?

3) You would need to do some research and figure out what audio codec you have. From there you apply the audio patches to get native audio working in OSX.

4) You can't R/W from NTFS formatted drives (the filesystem that Windows uses). There are ways to get around this (I've used them), but you would need to do some research.

Cheers!

Hi Ron,

Same old Motherboard and exactly all the problems you have described, including that POST screen with the failed boot attempts. The machine still works so I just wanted to keep it running.

The most annoying thing is that the Apple USB keyboard works fine, but a mouse only works if its connected into the port on the side of the Apple keyboard. The mouse is shown in system report working off the keyboard hub.

All USB ports work for everything except a mouse.

So what is in the keyboard and external USB HDD's that allow them to be seen and operate, but causes a mouse to need to be slaved off a keyboard hub?

Thanks,

Wayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back