Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I'm building my first Hackintosh and i've found some issues with it. I'm doing the iBoot + Multibeast guide and i get stuck in the 8 part. I've tried to pass that part using the safe mode and i still get stuck in the apple logo. I really don't know what to do and i wonder if anyone can help me.

This is my hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5Ghz Box Socket 1155
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU Cooler: Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H60
Drives:SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD SATA3
Graphic Card: Asus GeForce GTX 650 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
RAM Memory: Corsair Vengeance PC3-12800 DDR3 1600 16GB 2x8GB CL10
Power Supply: Corsair GS800 V2 800W Gaming Series
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB SATA3 64MB-
Case: Cooler Master HAF XM
Accesories:
Samsung SH-224BB Grabadora DVD 24X OEM
TP-Link TL-WDN4800 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express

Hi, I'm building my first Hackintosh and i've found some issues with it. I'm doing the iBoot + Multibeast guide and i get stuck in the 8 part. I've tried to pass that part using the safe mode and i still get stuck in the apple logo. I really don't know what to do and i wonder if anyone can help me.

This is my hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5Ghz Box Socket 1155
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU Cooler: Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H60
Drives:SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD SATA3
Graphic Card: Asus GeForce GTX 650 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
RAM Memory: Corsair Vengeance PC3-12800 DDR3 1600 16GB 2x8GB CL10
Power Supply: Corsair GS800 V2 800W Gaming Series
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB SATA3 64MB-
Case: Cooler Master HAF XM
Accesories:
Samsung SH-224BB Grabadora DVD 24X OEM
TP-Link TL-WDN4800 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express

alemangerman
Your hardware is Ivy Bridge - which is not going to work well for SL - this is why we need to use the iBoot for IVY BRIDGE cd
so we can get SL installed - install one of the three updates combo update 10.6.6 or 10.6.7 or 10.6.8.

Once that is done reboot w iBoot IB CD and get network to work connect to the Apple App Store and then purchase download ML so you can make the USB drive.

Read and review this link - http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html

Thanks!! So , like i've seen, Mountain Lion supports Ivy Bridge, so if i just do this installation i could get it perfectly?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

alemangerman

THats the theory .... And you will need to purchase both the OSX's Snow Leopard Retail version can be purchased through the Apple store ( use the phone for best results includes free shipping) and then the Mountain Lion file from the Apple App store.

As the link in the first post mentions we want to install OSX then upgrade it to one of three versions 10.6.8 or 10.6.7 or 10.6.6. using the Combo Update for one of these versions ( App App store was included in each combo update version).

Now as to the little items one needs to know - once you decide on a MotherBoard to use then research that motherboard in the forums - and see what the results are, what the problems are or were, and how the final results have been. Not all motherboards work - surprise surprise...

Even the CustoMac versions we recommend have issues as reported by our members. For some reason the manufactures make subtle changes in the MB that we recommend which results in a different version number (unknown the the Buyer) that then becomes a problem.

If you have access to a real Mac then this gets a little better as you can prepare a UniBeast Thumb drive with the Mountain Lion install file from the Apple App store much easier and skip the steps of installing OSX Snow Leopard. But that is not always the case.

Making a clone MB and its BIOS support OSX needs some modification and you should know that in advance - many tools exist to help us in this great adventure. And we now can mod the BIOS that the factory uses to improve the ability to make a hackintosh work like a real Mac.

See these links
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/100182-pjalms-dsdt-patches.html

Or one that I used for my OSX ML Build on a Asus MB I have.
http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/

Now another question - some users need to stay on OSX Snow Leopard due to investments in hardware and software and do not want to go to Mountain Lion - these users have a dedicated need to stay on SL.

If your in that category then you need to locate only Sandy Bridge Hardware not Ivy Bridge. And at this time its getting harder to do as intel will End Of Life the SB CPU's soon.

One other item is that you need to get a CPU that has either intel HD3000 or HD4000 internal graphics functions for SL or ML to work.
Apple has no support for HD2000 in any version of OSX or limited support for HD2500 in OSX ML 10.8.3 only: No support for HD2500 in SL.

alemangerman

THats the theory .... And you will need to purchase both the OSX's Snow Leopard Retail version can be purchased through the Apple store ( use the phone for best results includes free shipping) and then the Mountain Lion file from the Apple App store.

As the link in the first post mentions we want to install OSX then upgrade it to one of three versions 10.6.8 or 10.6.7 or 10.6.6. using the Combo Update for one of these versions ( App App store was included in each combo update version).

Now as to the little items one needs to know - once you decide on a MotherBoard to use then research that motherboard in the forums - and see what the results are, what the problems are or were, and how the final results have been. Not all motherboards work - surprise surprise...

Even the CustoMac versions we recommend have issues as reported by our members. For some reason the manufactures make subtle changes in the MB that we recommend which results in a different version number (unknown the the Buyer) that then becomes a problem.

If you have access to a real Mac then this gets a little better as you can prepare a UniBeast Thumb drive with the Mountain Lion install file from the Apple App store much easier and skip the steps of installing OSX Snow Leopard. But that is not always the case.

Thanks!! I've been able to do everything, now i'm downloading Mountain Lion ^^ I'll keep you updated! Thanks for all the help :)

Thanks!! I've been able to do everything, now i'm downloading Mountain Lion ^^ I'll keep you updated! Thanks for all the help :)

alemangerman

If you do get the ML thumb Drive made w the unibeast program and you start on the ML install - use the Guide of course. See Guides above.

If you have questions about ML install - Then remember that you need to post a new post in the Desktop Support Mountain Lion section not here as this is Snow Leopard.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back