Contribute
Register

Freak's GA-X99M-GAMING 5 mATX Build - I7 5930K - GTX 970 - Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to get it working. Was booting in safemode which I forgot and it couldn't mount the drives it needed for EFI. Took a look at console and fixed it all up.

Only issue I face is some graphical bugs. I can't use all three displays, but other than that it runs fairly decently. My temps are quite similar to yours and I'm overclocked at 4.3, although I'll push up to 4.9 when I get the chance. No speedstepping yet, although hopefully that'll be working in the future along with all three monitors.

Most 5820k CPUs can't get past 4.5GHz and some forums discuss degradation if more than 1.30v is used, and this is a fairly recent chip... I'm staying below 1.20v, regardless of my max. I can probably do 4.0GHz with it, but 1.10v for 3.8GHz is good enough for me and I do want this build to last... :)

Wish I could offer more input on the three displays (what connectors do they use? All DVI, HDMI, MiniDisplayport?) I've an idea depending on how your rig is configured... I'll look back to see if you posted your GPU card(s) model info... didn't find it but maybe it's buried. What GPU card(s) do you have and, especially if only one card, what connection ports do they use? Thanks!!

I reread the OP as well. Still can't get CPU voltage to show up correctly (0.22 or 0.23v is not the 1.09 I am expecting for my 3.8GHz o/c...) Reinstalling VoodooTSCSync ***DID*** allows for CPU speed shifting depending on load, but voltage is still inaccurate... Maybe there's a Clover or kernel patch I overlooked... "About this Mac" still reads "3.3GHz unknown" (though Geekbench 3 reports the CPU by name properly))

With XHCI disabled, I decided to try installing USB 3.0 drivers via MultiBeast 7.3.0, after verifying permissions. After rebooting, not seeing a USB 3.0 hub; all USB 3.0 devices showing up as USB 2 devices. :(

Update: With the USB3 general kext installed, I reenabled XHCI -- USB 3 is back and speedstep still works, woohoo!

Now if only I can figure out the voltage issue, since at 3.6GHz it should be drawing more power than 0.05v... :D

hey there :) found this thread via search since I'm having issues with almost an identical system.

My system is:
Mb: GA-x99 Gaming 5 bios F8 (same settings as in the screenshot)
CPU: i7 5930k
Ram: 64GB DDR4
GPU: Nvidia Titan X GTX 12gb

My issue is booting the installer via clover.
I keep getting allocation errors. Ive tried using AptioDrv and AptioDrv2 and it wont boot into the installer.
Why isn't my system friends with clover.

I had no issues with installing with Unibeast with a patched kernel but i want to use clover booting via UEFI since i want to be able to boot of a GUID disk. For that I'm guessing I need clover as a boot loader.

If you could help me out id most appreciate it.

Best regards.

Seems I've figgured out the problem why OsxAptioDrv was causing errors.
I have a Mushkin 980gb PCi-e 2036mbs in one of the PCIe slots. I changed slots and voila. Now it boots into the installer usb with clover.

Hi, unfortunately I cannot get this working on my very similar set up. I have been following Freak's guide to the letter so I am stuck as to what to do.

I am fairly sure it is a graphics issue as it hangs at "erp timer is not specified" just after "[IOBluetoothHCIController][start]--completed"

I have tried adding GraphicsEnabler=No and dart=0 to the boot flags but no luck.

This hang happens after I have installed Yosemite to disk and I have booted to USB and selected the install disk. Stage 2 of Freaks guide.

I have access to a MBP and tried previously to run clover, multibeast and the other files on the boot drive via the MPB, but this kept hanging at different points and KP'ing, so I went back to following the guide to the letter and this is where I am stuck.

System:
Gigabyte X99M Gaming 5
i7 5820k
EVGA Hybris 980GTX
32GB Corsair RAM DDR4

Installing to a HDD.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated :)

Edit:

Why is it always the thing I try just after I make a post that works...

I removed the AppleIntelHD and AppleIntelF kexts from single user and I am now booted into stage 2 of the guide... hopefully no more problems.

Here are the instructions if you get stuck at the same stage:

Boot with -s. When you see the prompt "root:":
Code:
mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mkdir intel_back
mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
touch ../Extensions
From http://quickwebgems.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/hackintosh-missing-bluetooth-controller.html

Success!

Thanks very much to Freak for the guide.

There were a couple of changes for me, one is in the above post where I had to remove the Intel Graphics drivers.

Also at part 3 of the guide:
3) Boot to UEFI:"your boot drive" and run Multibeastwith these settings:

If I interpreted this right, it means to boot from the HDD, but this wouldn't boot for me. I had to choose the USB install as the boot partition, boot into the install HDD from the bootloader and install Multibeast and the Nvidia web drivers from there.

Once I had done that it was just a matter of rebooting and choosing the HDD as the boot partition.

Great stuff :)

Hi and thanks for your report.
I'm planing on doing a similar build but I have some doubt about the two M2 connectors, since the labeling doesn't seem right.
Here is a picture with numbering for reference.
4243.png

My question is : in which slot did you insert the M.2 SSD. I think it is the second one, but the labeling says otherwise.

I'm planning on running a Samsung SM951 which is the upgraded version of yours and photos of it shows that it should fit on the second one.

Also, do you have an idea of what format is the first slot ? mPCIe (looks like it) ? Is there any more details on the board docs (the Gigabyte website is not that much explanatory) ?

Do you think I could fit a compatible Wifi card on this slot (its one of the reason I want to buy this board) ?

Thanks and nice build :D

Hi and thanks for your report.
I'm planing on doing a similar build but I have some doubt about the two M2 connectors, since the labeling doesn't seem right.
Here is a picture with numbering for reference.
View attachment 140985

My question is : in which slot did you insert the M.2 SSD. I think it is the second one, but the labeling says otherwise.

I'm planning on running a Samsung SM951 which is the upgraded version of yours and photos of it shows that it should fit on the second one.

Also, do you have an idea of what format is the first slot ? mPCIe (looks like it) ? Is there any more details on the board docs (the Gigabyte website is not that much explanatory) ?

Do you think I could fit a compatible Wifi card on this slot (its one of the reason I want to buy this board) ?

Thanks and nice build :D

I looked into this myself, the m.2 slot is more than a little confusing.

Have a look at this link for a basic rundown of the different 'keys'
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015...e-interface-that-will-speed-up-your-next-ssd/

In the manual of the board it says that slot 1 is for the wifi (e-keyed) card and slot 2 is for the SSD. (b-keyed)

This here is the only card I found that would fit the slot, you would need the one on the right, with the two slots which is m.2
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-7260-bluetooth.html

You would also have to research compatibility with OSX.

Thanks for your reply. It sorts things out for me.
I have the basic understanding of the different M.2 socket used, its just that the labelling on the motherboard is confusing.

You say that slot 2 is for SSD and its just what I though, so my build should work.

The only thing left is the right M.2 wifi card to find. At worst, I could just buy a M.2 to miniPCIe adapter and run a miniPCIe wifi card (it should work from what I read). But I would rather get a native M.2 card of course.

You card seems like it should fit, but I have read that all Intel card are not compatible with OS X not matter what.
In the end, it seems like I just need to find one BroadcomBCM94352Z (which is very hard to find but doable with time) and if that could work, that would actually be a very nice build.

Thanks.

When I boot with clover my USB die.
Can you tell me how to setup bios step by step because csm disabled then restart windows 8 booting I can't save csm disabled.
My board is x99gaming g1 wifi.
Thank you.nice guide its help lots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back