Contribute
Register

Fix Sleep on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have it attached on my previous replies. Anyway, I have attached both ioreg and clover.
Thanks again.

Your problem is most likely caused by IGPU coming under GFX0 instead of IGPU. Recommend renaming GFX0 to IGPU.

Last edited:
No auto sleep for me.

I use SSDT for power management in accordance with
guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/
(power slider disappeared from the system preferences panel after this)

and all patches (with the exception of SSDT-IGPU) from https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Series-9-Patches

My ioreg is attached.

Thanks.

Ioreg looks fine although Graphics is coming under PEGP recommend renaming PEGP to GFX0.
Code:
Voilets-Speedy-Desktop:~ JackBamford$ echo -n PEGP|xxd
0000000: 5045 4750                                PEGP
Voilets-Speedy-Desktop:~ JackBamford$ echo -n GFX0|xxd
0000000: 4746 5830                                GFX0

Ioreg looks fine although Graphics is coming under PEGP recommend renaming PEGP to GFX0.
Code:
Voilets-Speedy-Desktop:~ JackBamford$ echo -n PEGP|xxd
0000000: 5045 4750                                PEGP
Voilets-Speedy-Desktop:~ JackBamford$ echo -n GFX0|xxd
0000000: 4746 5830                                GFX0

Thanks. "Change GFX0 to IGPU" is still OK?

Thanks. "Change GFX0 to IGPU" is still OK?

No. Change PEGP to GFX0. Make sure that your using Xcode to add patches to config.plist not Clover Configurator.

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 16.20.14.png

Last edited:
Your problem is most likely caused by IGPU coming under GFX0 instead of IGPU. Recommend renaming GFX0 to IGPU.

I forgot to mention that I have Gigabyte RX460 4GB inserted on my motherboard though my monitor is connected to my modtherboard's HDMI. I am not currently using the RX460 as I don't like the "boot to black scree". I don't game so HD530 is enough for me.

Should I still rename the GFX0 to IGPU?
Appreciate a direct link on how to do it as well.

Thanks for the time and effort.

I forgot to mention that I have Gigabyte RX460 4GB inserted on my motherboard though my monitor is connected to my modtherboard's HDMI. I am not currently using the RX460 as I don't like the "boot to black scree". I don't game so HD530 is enough for me.

Should I still rename the GFX0 to IGPU?
Appreciate a direct link on how to do it as well.

Thanks for the time and effort.

Cant say without ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Attachments

• Francis’s iMac.ioreg
    11.2 MB · Views: 113
No. Change PEGP to GFX0. Make sure that your using Xcode to add patches to config.plist not Clover Configurator.

View attachment 246189

Thank you for the reply. Xcode, Clover Configurator, and even TextWrangler are all good for me.

I tried a lot of combinations of parameters, but still did not get automatic sleep. I hope, at least, that native power management and your patches somehow improved my system ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back