Contribute
Register

[Fix] Resolve boot screen garble

Did you enable CSM/legacy boot?

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

What is the issue?

Sorry for reply late.

I'm sure that I enable CSM/legacy boot.

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

Sorry for reply late.

I'm sure that I enable CSM/legacy boot.

View attachment 174159

View attachment 174160

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

No need to patch AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext on disk. If needed (should set DVMT-prealloc instead), you can do it with config.plist.

If you're trying to get rid of the glitch, try different GUI/ScreenResolution (eg. 1024x768 might help).

Keep in mind that the glitch fix only fixes it partially. You may still have a momentary glitch. It is not unexpected.

No need to patch AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext on disk. If needed (should set DVMT-prealloc instead), you can do it with config.plist.

If you're trying to get rid of the glitch, try different GUI/ScreenResolution (eg. 1024x768 might help).

Keep in mind that the glitch fix only fixes it partially. You may still have a momentary glitch. It is not unexpected.

Got it. Thank you.:p

hi rehabman.
I use your files config.plist for intel HD graphics 4600...
my boot screen resolve I tried to follow the instructions in this topic but I had no luck.
My laptop intel hd 4600 El Capital and not suport CSM/Legacy.
please you view my photo IOReg and config.plist file.
thank a lot

Attachments

• IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    993.5 KB · Views: 255
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 22.37.10.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 22.37.10.png
    132 KB · Views: 287
  • Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 02.08.54.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 02.08.54.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 330
  • config.plist
    10.3 KB · Views: 217
  • IOReg.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 100
hi rehabman.
I use your files config.plist for intel HD graphics 4600...
my boot screen resolve I tried to follow the instructions in this topic but I had no luck.
My laptop intel hd 4600 El Capital and not suport CSM/Legacy.
please you view my photo IOReg and config.plist file.
thank a lot

You clearly have the patch disabled. Look carefully at the screen shots you provided.

You clearly have the patch disabled. Look carefully at the screen shots you provided.
Sorry i am newbie i need to enable key from <string>Disable</string> from my photo ?
I am use you config.plist for intel HD graphics 4600..

Back