Contribute
Register

[Fix] Resolve boot screen garble

I tried the fakePCIID fix but it is not working for me, the system find out that i got hd4400 graphics but i got bugs in graphics

FakePCIID is not the problem.

The problem is your config.plist lacks FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086 (eg. you didn't follow the guide). The next problem you'll run into is that the ig-platform-id you're using is for Ivy Bridge, not Haswell (eg. you didn't follow the guide).

In summary, you're using the wrong config.plist.

FakePCIID is not the problem.

The problem is your config.plist lacks FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086 (eg. you didn't follow the guide). The next problem you'll run into is that the ig-platform-id you're using is for Ivy Bridge, not Haswell (eg. you didn't follow the guide).

In summary, you're using the wrong config.plist.

seems that changing plist is solving issues for boot garble and display glitches but now i got the brightness set to lowest value

Keep in mind the patch only reduces the severity. Best results usually if you enable legacy/CSM in BIOS.

Post EFI/Clover folder if you need analysis.

Concur, enabling Legacy resolved this for me. I already added the fix in the config.plist so I am not sure if I need it at all now, but it did not have any affect until I enabled legacy boot.

Concur, enabling Legacy resolved this for me. I already added the fix in the config.plist so I am not sure if I need it at all now, but it did not have any affect until I enabled legacy boot.

Please note that enabling legacy/CSM is also mentioned in post #1.

Works on M6600 El Capitan.

Cheers!

Back