Contribute
Register

[Fix] Intel HD4200/HD4400/HD4600 Mobile on Yosemite

Thanks for this thread. This fix works great in 10.10.2

Thanks for this thread. This fix works great in 10.10.2

dude , do you think the kext will work on my laptop? I am on inspiron 3542 i3 4005u 4400 , !!15.6 inches full sized keyboard.NO illuminate keyboard.
Becausae I have tried this many times installing FakePCIID/FakePCIID4400 but it never worked! my screen flashes all the time whenever I boot my laptop or go to Lunchpad , or view the tasks. Again , when I use intell HD5000 driver it works WELL. (i also have a problem with fn+f12 too.) the light turns completely bright I can't control it.

Any help?

In my config.plist, I had this:

Code:
<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>0x0a260006 9MB cursor bytes patch</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAYAA=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>disabled:AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAkAA=
                </data>
            </dict>

and now I replaced for this (first post instruction):

Code:
<dict>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>0x0a260006 9MB cursor bytes patch</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <string>0600260a01030303000000020000300100006000</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <string>0600260a01030303000000020000300100009000</string>
</dict>

Now, It working fine! I miss this because I thought it was only for HD 4400, because its under HD 4400 sub-section. Sorry.

The patches are the same. The one in my provided config.plist is disabled as I don't want to enable it unless needed.

No. I have no audio at all (neither hdmi or pc speaker). I will try search for this now. Do you know if I can find this in this topic?

Audio is off-topic for this thread.

dude , do you think the kext will work on my laptop? I am on inspiron 3542 i3 4005u 4400 , !!15.6 inches full sized keyboard.NO illuminate keyboard.
Becausae I have tried this many times installing FakePCIID/FakePCIID4400 but it never worked! my screen flashes all the time whenever I boot my laptop or go to Lunchpad , or view the tasks. Again , when I use intell HD5000 driver it works WELL. (i also have a problem with fn+f12 too.) the light turns completely bright I can't control it.

Any help?

When you use FakePCIID, you're still using AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext and AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext.

Without this kext, one or more of the drivers will not load, as HD4200/HD4400/HD4600(mobile) are not directly supported on current Yosemite.

From your description, it sounds as if you didn't implement the solution properly.

So could You or someone else upload original file?

Get can get the original with a fresh install. You can harvest it from a fresh install to a secondary partition.

Is this file unique for every machine? I copied it from my friend's original Macbook and now everything works, but MD5 is still the same as it was before.

Is this file unique for every machine? I copied it from my friend's original Macbook and now everything works, but MD5 is still the same as it was before.

Not unique. AFAIK, should be same for same version OS X.

Back